Why are low pressure boiler tanks cheaper than high pressure ones?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, the tooltip explicitly says it produces twice as many mBs of steam per tick, and it costs IRON instead of STEEL which is strictly cheaper since STEEL is nothing but IRON plus COAL or HEAT from any other source.

Is there any hidden information I am not seeing?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
LP boilers produce half the steam of HP boilers.

And they are cheaper because of this.

They do heat up quicker though iirc.

Reactions: Padfoote

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
LP boilers produce half the steam of HP boilers.

And they are cheaper because of this.

They do heat up quicker though iirc.
?

Then the tooltips are bugged, because the low pressure ones say "Produces 20mb of steam per tick" and the high pressure ones say "Produces 10mb of steam per tick".

As soon as I get hom I'll fetch a couple of screenshots, too. Will take an hour and half tho.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
?

Then the tooltips are bugged, because the low pressure ones say "Produces 20mb of steam per tick" and the high pressure ones say "Produces 10mb of steam per tick".

As soon as I get hom I'll fetch a couple of screenshots, too. Will take an hour and half tho.
Think that was an error that crept into certain versions. In my Monster 1.1.1 world it shows correctly that LP is 10mB/t and HP is 20mB/t.

Reactions: Padfoote

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's a tooltip bug, in the dw20 pack at least. I'm pretty sure it's known and I even heard dire mention it in S6 let's play.