Why am I lagging on Direwolf20's Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MMiner098

Jul 29, 2019
When I play Mindcrack pack for too long (left on overnight etc), or travel several 1000 blocks the memory will start to be an issue.

oh oh oh um why does forge crash when I play mindcrack? I know you might need a log or something but can it be configured?

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
wtf is wrong with my computer? i have 121 fps and only have
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Serial Number Why The Fuck Are You Looking Here, you bastard!
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
And Sweet fuck, im on a macbook (not pro) that i got like 3-5 years ago. Not updated ram. or anything. (other than OS).
Edit: Bleeped Out Ma Serial No.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
wtf is wrong with my computer? i have 121 fps and only have
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Serial Number Why The Fuck Are You Looking Here, you bastard!
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
And Sweet fuck, im on a macbook (not pro) that i got like 3-5 years ago. Not updated ram. or anything. (other than OS).
Edit: Bleeped Out Ma Serial No.

See that graphics card? See how it's not an integrated POS?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
4GB of system RAM is far from enough

It's plenty. Minecraft only typically uses around 2GB on my machine.[DOUBLEPOST=1371538544][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I play Mindcrack pack for too long (left on overnight etc), or travel several 1000 blocks the memory will start to be an issue.

Yeah, there are some nasty memory leaks in some mods. But more memory doesn't solve that, it just postpones the inevitable.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
FPS goes from 1 to normal to 1 again as things start using VM.

I have this problem when using the 1.5.2 ngt pack (sudden, preciptous drops in FPS, which yo-yo back to normal every couple of seconds), but only in certain regions. For example, everything will run fine while I'm near my base, but start freezing up when I travel north to a nearby desert (but, weirdly, not while in the desert to the east). Occasionally it will happen while caving. Proximity to lava or water doesn't seem to matter. Any theories as to why this is happening? I have 8 gigs of RAM, with 6 alotted to Minecraft. Changing it to 4 or 2 doesn't improve anything. Changing the render distance from far to normal or short also doesn't fix the problem. I don't have the rest of my computer specs memorized, but I can get them later if it would help.