Which wood should I use on this building?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which wood?

• Total voters

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
So I making a crop farm, on the future I will expand. The cool thing is that when it rains it only rains on the part I have my crop farm, and not on the area of my house (and where I am recreating tress too).

So I got my crop farm here:

3r65dY2.png

Well, I will be using japanese wood on the fences. But Which wood should I use on the ceiling? (Also I will be putting more carpenters blocks on the ceiling, specially ramps.)

I got there 4 variations which are really cool on my opinion, so which one should I use?

uVDP4pd.png

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Make the roof out of slabs unless you plan on building on top of that structure. I'd use the plank variation because it appears to make more sense. Maybe use the elaborate variation on top of every post. Also try looking at Thaumcraft Greatwood, I like its color and pattern.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
So I making a crop farm, on the future I will expand. The cool thing is that when it rains it only rains on the part I have my crop farm, and not on the area of my house (and where I am recreating tress too).

So I got my crop farm here:

3r65dY2.png

Well, I will be using japanese wood on the fences. But Which wood should I use on the ceiling? (Also I will be putting more carpenters blocks on the ceiling, specially ramps.)

I got there 4 variations which are really cool on my opinion, so which one should I use?

uVDP4pd.png
You'll be running out of food soon

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'd Try that glimmering livingwood you need for the elven Portal cuz i think It also emits light so you Dont need that ugly torches around
You might be able to chisel that too

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I'd Try that glimmering livingwood you need for the elven Portal cuz i think It also emits light so you Dont need that ugly torches around
You might be able to chisel that too

so which one emits light?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
One would guess it's the glimmering variety.
Edit; seeing though they are carpenters blocks try clicking them with glowstone dust. Iirc that should make it emit light. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Don't see where the numbering for the wood is, so my vote is for the planks.