Which tanks to use for large amounts of liquids and in combination with ME System from AE?

Pappasmite

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,
I am running a FTB Monster server in my LAN. So far no major problems have happened.
Recently I have begun installing fluid storage to my ME system (Applied Energistics, not Applied Energistics 2)
Now, the AE system is somehow limited. I collect Mob essence from Essence Berry Bushes, I collect my owwn XP wit an XP drain and I store some of the liquids I need for building Enderium, Reactor and Turbine blocks, destabilized Redstone and so on...

I realised that my ME system has only limited storage capacities and I want to store my liquids in tanks and keep a minimum of each liquid in my ME fluid storage via fluid level emitters.

Steel tanks have a limit as they cannot be built above a height of 8 blocks, a 5x5x8 Tank stores 32.000mB per Block, open blocks tanks hold 16.000mB per block, but can be built with no limitations, dynamic liquid tanks can hold 32.600mB per block. With an upgrade module, the same tank could hold several different liquids, but building a tank like this would be more problematic in connecting it to the ME system...

So, has anyone built a similar liquid storage? We are talking about more than 1 Million buckets of mob essence and liquid xp...

Which tanks would you advise?

Pappasmite

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as I said above the Me fluid storage capacities are somewhat limited, I would need to build tons of 64k fluid storage disks. This is why I want to store the liquids externally and just keep like 64 buckets as minimum amount in my ME system...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Do you have Extra Utilities? Bedrockium Drums, if they're in the version you have, are probably what you're looking for. I don't remember how much they can store for sure, but I want to say it's about 16 million buckets per single-block drum.

If you don't have bedrockium, XU's regular iron drums can store 256 buckets apiece. Much higher storage density than any other mod's tanks.

Pappasmite

Jul 29, 2019
Drums store 256.000 mB per block, but I would have to connect them with fluiducts or fluid conduits as placing several drums together will not make a bigger drum... To connect it with my EXISTING ME SYSTEM (for those who fail to understand that I already have extra cells fluid storage system installed), I would have to build one line of pipes going in and one line of pipes going out of the drums, then control them with a buffer tank, me fluid storage busses and me fluild level emitters. I am talking about a million buckets of liquid.
I am looking for a comfortable way to store HUGE amounts of liquids, that can easily be connected to my ME fluid storage...

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Not true on your view. Try stacking the drums upwards, with standard fluid pipes set to drain down in between. Then you can just slap an import on the bottom and export on the top. I think you can set a level emitter to detect when the second drum up is empty, if you wanted to.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Not true on your view. Try stacking the drums upwards, with standard fluid pipes set to drain down in between. Then you can just slap an import on the bottom and export on the top. I think you can set a level emitter to detect when the second drum up is empty, if you wanted to.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Dude, we're talking a million buckets.
I did the math, that would be nearly 4000 drums.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as I said above the Me fluid storage capacities are somewhat limited, I would need to build tons of 64k fluid storage disks. This is why I want to store the liquids externally and just keep like 64 buckets as minimum amount in my ME system...

am pretty sure that Extra Cells adds a 256/1024/4096k Fluid Storage Drives (unless it's only in 1.7.10)