Which size was your biggest Aura Node in TC3?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Which size was your biggest Aura Node in TC3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrKunji

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I was playing at a 1.4.7 pack, when I saw a Node inside a Desert Temple that has 820 vis, does anyone used to have a big Aura Node for Thaumathurgy?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
wanted to get a 1k node, only got around 600... lost interest and moved on to learning bees....

wait wut?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I always made a pure main node for my thaum lab around 1000-1500 Vis. Then expand it with crystal clusters to overcharge the node and lots of Capacitors to store extra Vis.

9HemMFX.png

Also make surrounding satellite pure nodes around the main one to cover the entire base area. Usually to a size of 400-500.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh it's been a while since TC3, Largest was probably 1200 ish. I started off with a large 800+ dark node from a barrow and started moving it into my base with silverwoods before I gave that up as a lost cause and broke out the [item for moving nodes].
The nodes are probably the one thing I miss the most out of TC3, they looked so...shiny. I'm still kinda hoping for a way to combine nodes in TC4.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh it's been a while since TC3, Largest was probably 1200 ish. I started off with a large 800+ dark node from a barrow and started moving it into my base with silverwoods before I gave that up as a lost cause and broke out the [item for moving nodes].
The nodes are probably the one thing I miss the most out of TC3, they looked so...shiny. I'm still kinda hoping for a way to combine nodes in TC4.
You can't combine them but with Advanced Thaumaturgy you can make some bigass mothertruckers.

Henix_Aurorus

Jul 29, 2019
I used to screw around with Aura Nodes a lot (especially pure nodes), so yeah I've gotten really high in vis quantities. I think I at one point had a Pure Node with something like 2000 vis.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
This thread caused me to fire up my 1.5.2 server archive world.

2014-02-11_15.57.59.png

I made it myself!

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
What. That's just wrong. Azanor soooo should have made it so nodes could supernova.

lol! I would have deserved it, but my tower was made from warded blocks so I should have been OK

Rejuvenating bees to overcharge the aura, giving tons of vis to grow silverwood saplings (Force mitts for sapling drops). The silverwoods were growing as fast as vanilla tree saplings. Then the new pure nodes from the silverwoods would get sucked into the giant node and increase its base level.

Tons of wisps in the area outside the range of my super node. They kind of acted like an area base defense system since approaching my base meant running though clouds of wisps.

Reactions: hiroshi42

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
A bunch of OPs on a server got together and decided to make a huge node. Ended up with one that had a max capacity of about 8000 vis. Then it crashed the server XD

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if I would ever get nodes that big I'd be too afraid of giantarse big wisps coming out of them

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
if I would ever get nodes that big I'd be too afraid of giantarse big wisps coming out of them

I'm not quite sure of the mechanic but my giant node was a pure node and seemed to ship all that wisp spawning off to neighboring nodes. I'm guessing that it was my super node that made it rain a lot on the server; a Forestry rainmaker and dissipation chargers were kept on hand.