Which Modpack is better in Multiplayer?

Which is the best in Multiplayer

• Total voters

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've set up a server for me and 4 friends and we wanna play ftb but we cant decide which modpack is the
best for multiplayer
Techworld 2
Magicfarm 2
Horizon

pls help us we all played ftb before but we arent pros.

PS:we wont be friendly all the time so we want some pvp stuff too
PPS:pls give me a reason why you choose ... and what are the pros/cons

Thanks for your help!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Tech World 2 causes you to miss out on the magicy side if you're into that.

Vice versa with Magic World 2 and tech.

Horizons is intended to be a "showcase" pack for a whole bunch of mods that haven't been used in FTB packs and hasn't been balanced.

Conclusion: either wait for Monster or go with Direwolf20 1.6.4.

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply
bute what do you mean with ,,wait for monster''?
and is direwolf20 pack really such a good mix? i didn't though that
but there is one problem direwolf20 has some op things like industrialcraft (uu-matter,quantum and stuff)and i dont think i know how to delete it from a server soooo
maybe thats not the solution

but i need more replys every one who has an opinion pls post it !

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply
but there is one problem direwolf20 has some op things like industrialcraft (uu-matter,quantum and stuff)and i dont think i know how to delete it from a server soooo

Not all the packs have been released yet, there are still 3 more to come out: (Magic World 2, Monster and MindCrack)

Monster will be the main pack with no general theme, just an all around modpack. It is intended to be the main pack just like Unleashed and Ultimate
MindCrack will have mods chosen by the MindCrack team and if you saw their 1.4.x pack, this will be a bit like a mix between unleashed and unhinged
Magic World will be like tech world but for magic

Reactions: niroc

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the explanation
that means we wait or we choose direwolf20 I think ?
so is there a way i can delete ic2 stuff and add rotarycraft to the direwolf20 pack?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the explanation
that means we wait or we choose direwolf20 I think ?
so is there a way i can delete ic2 stuff and add rotarycraft to the direwolf20 pack?
Easily there is a section of the launcher that allows you to add\disable\enable mods not sure if Rotarycraft is part of the FTB universal configs but if it is you won't even have any ID issues (it may be since it is in another pack iirc)

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
ok i will try that if it works im gonna close this thread because im done if not then not ;)
WTFFFS thanks i didn't knew that cool!

#Edit
VikeStep you're right didn't think about it right^^

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
There is no need to close the thread, maybe some day later there might be more discussion here. Its better to keep this thread open, theres no point in closing it.

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again,
i've finally edited the modpack correctly without IC2 and stuff but 1 problem still is there I want to add rotary craft but when i add it it just closes ftb before i even come in to the menu,I think I post the pastebin so someone can maybe help me out with that.
pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/J8VZKDmq
i hope theres a way to fix it because i love rotarycraft :)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't add dragon into the mods folder, Rotary craft is dependent on dragonapi install dragonapi into the mods folder as well..will work fine than

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have something wanting Buildcraft installed... so remove offending mod and you should be good

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
im gonna try something like that soon tedyhere thank you but i need to do that later i will reply then

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply

IC2 OP? The majority of mods are balanced around it. I'm not quite a fan of IC2, but it seems odd to call it OP.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 OP? The majority of mods are balanced around it. I'm not quite a fan of IC2, but it seems odd to call it OP.

I have to agree with him just because UU is to op all I see people do it make UU and live off it because solors are just tot easy to get and its unlimited free energy which is unlimited UU which makes just about everything you need. I always removed UU matter creation then have it purchasable though shop for a high price as people even when its not super high just buy it because its easy to use have to make it costly or you would have to restock all the time.

I don't really like solars as well I just hate free energy for a lifetime. MPowersuits is another very very op mod so many things just hardly do any dmg to it as it negates all dmg basically besides magic based and with all the new stuff on the hand part of MPowersuits most of that stuff it to op I always disable that or just remove the mod which is what I do now as its far easier to remove it from server then change everything that went wrong. I used to like it was super then he just added more and more and made it OP I also don't like the new armor skins way to bulky I liked to old far better.

niroc

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm i cant find a offending mod from buildcraft but i will keep looking and if i cant find a solution for this we will maybe go with the ftb Monster pack but thanks for all your help though.
@Mevan Yes you're right but the problem is to run a thermal expansion dynamo (for example) forever i need an automated tree farm and a acqueos accumulator + pipes.But a Solarpanel i just need to place and its done and UU-matter was just boring at the last server i played you had anything you want and there was no challenge anymore.IC2 is a good mod but it gets you things too fast thats my problem i know it was a little bit extreme to say that IC2 is OP but i think you understand my problem with IC2 :)
PS:Im happy this thread gets so much reply,pls keep it up ^^