Which mod adds the block that increases the number of sides available for a bloc?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
Title says it all.

Its kind of hard to explain, but I remember seeing a spotlight that featured a block that would increase the number of available sides of an existing block. For example, you could place it beneath a furnace, and you could configure it to feed the top and the bottom of the furnace.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Sneaky Pipes did that, but it's been dead for awhile :(
Other than that, I'm not immediately familiar with mods like that. I suppose Engineer's toolbox might be helpful here.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
I think that may be extra-utilities, but I believe that feature was only available in the closed beta.

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was extra-utilities as well, but I can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere. I swear I remember seeing it somewhere. Does anybody know the name of the block?[DOUBLEPOST=1376285772][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is Thaumic Tinkerer that adds that block the name of the block is the Transvector Interface.

YES! Thats the one, cheers for that.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes also have 'sneaky upgrades' that do the same AFAIK.

The sneaky functionality of certain blocks does sort of do something similar to the transvector interface but not quite, the interface links its own sides to that of another block remotely so you can link the interface to say a furnace then pump items into the top of the interface and they go into the top of the block. This allows you to use more than 6 sides of a single block, sneaky pipes still only give you six sides but let you insert into different sides than the pipe is on.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That is Thaumic Tinkerer that adds that block the name of the block is the Transvector Interface.

I am about to start using these in my let's play and they are quietly the most revolutional block I've seen in a long time for complex automation builds. They are amazing and I cannot resell them enough. In combination with Logistics Pipes you can do simply epic things.

I really hope Thaumcraft releases for 1.6 soon so that ThTi can cut a release. Losing these blocks will sadden me greatly.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine the spotlight you were thinking about was this one:

You want to jump to 24:44 for the item in question.

Infallible

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hm.. so would this work for power? or is it only with items?

(still pretty handy even if it's only items)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to TT 1.08 to get the new block. I plan on using them in conjunction with my GT machines. I am using the steam upgrades (it converts 2mb of steam into 1eu), and for the MV tier of machines, requires 256mb of steam per tick. Each liquiduct connection will allow 80mb of steam per tick. To use the MV machines continuously, it requires 3 steam connections using liquiducts. with 3 faces used for steam connections, it doesn't leave a lot left for automation.

I know 80 x 3 is 240, and not 256, but 3 connections seem to be sufficient to allow the GT machines to operate continuously without the need for steam tank upgrades, and also resolved my "insufficient energy line" messages.

Hm.. so would this work for power? or is it only with items?

(still pretty handy even if it's only items)

According to the thauminomicon after being researched, it will send power (MJ), and send/recieve items and liquids.