Wheres my Logger?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gibstone

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I DL'd ftb and cant find logger, arboretum or peat bog that I used to automate farming like I used in that mod pack Monkeyfarm used (tech or something). I've browsed youtube vids seeing ppl using ftb and having the items im missing. do I need to DL another mod along with ftb?

any advice would be helpful,
thnx

Xyanite

Jul 29, 2019
Those are for the 'old' Forestry farms. They've been replaced by the multifarms, which are a multiblock structure that lays out plants in a kind of octagon shape. You need to use these instead of the old ones, there should be a lot of tutorials to help you get a better explanation than mine :)

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I DL'd ftb and cant find logger, arboretum or peat bog that I used to automate farming like I used in that mod pack Monkeyfarm used (tech or something). I've browsed youtube vids seeing ppl using ftb and having the items im missing. do I need to DL another mod along with ftb?

any advice would be helpful,
thnx

Forestry, the mod that adds the logger/arboretum, updated and removed those items in favor of the Multifarm which is very different. You are probably watching older videos, or people playing an the older version of one of the ftb modpacks. I don't know what modpack you are play, but I'm guessing it's the Unleashed pack.

Personally, if you are just looking for automated farming, I'd look into a different option, like MineFactory Reloaded (MFR). It's more like the old forestry farms that you might be used to, and actually slightly cheaper/easier to set up. There are other options, like Thaumcraft golems and Steve's Carts that provide a variety of auto-farming options.

At this point, I would really suggest that you look up a comprehensive guide on the new stuff in the modpack you play. There have been a LOT of changes in the past year, and if you are still expecting loggers/arboretums from Technic, then you'll be in for a rude surprise with some other mods.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for MFR too unless you want to go into tree breeding for biomass -> ethanol production or seed oil production.