Where to post things about the new Launhcer?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I did not find a forum thread where users can share their thoughts and can post anything related to the new launhcer.
It would be nice if we can have a forum conversaition about the new launcher, where people can post everything in one place.

So I tried out the new FTB Launcher and I have some questions about it, maybe a few suggestions, and in general I just like to know more about it.
Being a Linux user, as we all know it, the user experience and suport, IMO, is...well...never really the same as what a Windozian user can get.
Also I don't think the support team will like that, if I start floding them with all of my questions and whatnot.

So I like to suggest to create a new pinned forum thread, so users can quickly access it here on the FTB-forum and post everything about the new Launcher.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The team is not very active over here at the forum, they are however very active via the support:
Feed the Beast (feed-the-beast.com)

Or on Discord:
(for FTB app questions and support, there's a specific channel - #ftbp-app)

We do give support for Linux, osX and Windows and you're always welcome to ask questions, even if it's here, the support or on Discord.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. First I like to ask, that this new Launher for the Linux is this basically the Overwolf-lanchuer?

I'm right now a very confused about all these launchers, what is what. We have the old classsic Java FTB Launcehr that of course works on all platform
We...(well, NOT the Linux users) have this Curse-something that Inever saw, because regardless of what they keep saying (better term to say it what it is, like it or not: what they keep lying about) there weher never was a Linux version. And there is this Twitch-something, that I never saw, too. Because of there is no Linux version.

So, is this new Lanuncher is the same Overwolf Launcher that you guys talked about in the "FTB, CurseForge, Overwolf and the future" post?