Where the slimes at?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm having a hard time finding slimes. Do they spawn like they used to in random chunks at y<40? They don't seem to be spawning in Green Swamplands, and I haven't found a vanilla Swamp yet.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
There are tools out there that can determine slime chunks if you input your seed. However, I'm not sure if ExtraBiomes affects that or not.
If it does, I guess you'll just have to find a vanilla swamp.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Panda for reminding me.

If you have Rei's Minimap installed you can enable slime chunks through the settings in game. ;)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It took me aaaaages to find a swamp.. and it was a Green Swampland and no slimes spawned in it the night I spent there. I've started ecavating low down in a spawn chunk now, I assumed that FTB had changed slime spawning somehow as I had never come across any in all of my spelunking. With Rei's slime chunk scanner turned on it turns out that the area under my base was just unusually sparse in slime chunks.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta make sure it's a vanilla swamp. ExtraBiomes has others swamps that just don't spawn any slimes, sadly.

Either that, or a slime chunk at a height of 40 or lower.

Azerius

Jul 29, 2019
IF your hunting slimes for Slime balls, you can make them with a few of the machines in Factorization.
It takes ages per Slime-ball, but it was still faster than finding a slime spawning chunk for me.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
IF your hunting slimes for Slime balls, you can make them with a few of the machines in Factorization.
It takes ages per Slime-ball, but it was still faster than finding a slime spawning chunk for me.

Can also get slimeballs from bees but again takes a while.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
slimes share spawning with other mobs, so if there is a lot of dark caves you'll find slimes only occasionally. If you have excess silver and lead, you could make a factorization setup to power a crystalizer. You can then put milk and lime dye into it to make slimeballs.

Green swamps unfortunately don't work the same as vanilla swamps. Look for the darkened grass, almost black on your minimap.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. On my server me and a friend are swimming in slime balls. We have something like 15 stacks of slime balls now. We built our house in a plains area (Can't remember the exact biome, may just be a vanilla plains) and we get a large slime spawning near our base complex every few nights. I also built a tunnel bore that mines from level 3 to level 35 in a checkerboard mystcraft flatworld of desert and extreme hills and theres a large slime every few hundred meters along the way down my slime tunnel. I've killed so many slimes that I've already got a tier 5 slime spawner without using a soul stealer enchant. We figured that vanilla spawn rates had just went up a ton, but I guess we have just been lucky so far.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. On my server me and a friend are swimming in slime balls. We have something like 15 stacks of slime balls now. We built our house in a plains area (Can't remember the exact biome, may just be a vanilla plains) and we get a large slime spawning near our base complex every few nights. I also built a tunnel bore that mines from level 3 to level 35 in a checkerboard mystcraft flatworld of desert and extreme hills and theres a large slime every few hundred meters along the way down my slime tunnel. I've killed so many slimes that I've already got a tier 5 slime spawner without using a soul stealer enchant. We figured that vanilla spawn rates had just went up a ton, but I guess we have just been lucky so far.

Pretty lucky to have the spawn near your base though TBH with the tunnel bore asside from emptying an area with a filler for em that is probably the best place to find them seen as they spawn in low areas with lots of open space so.