Where have the slimes gone?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from being able to show slime chunks, how is Rei's better than Voxel? Voxel looks way better, comes with cave mapping as standard, and the cave mode is actually useful. Why do you prefer Rei's?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from being able to show slime chunks, how is Rei's better than Voxel? Voxel looks way better, comes with cave mapping as standard, and the cave mode is actually useful. Why do you prefer Rei's?
It does not lag as much, voxel brings horrible menus, voxel has a "cheat" mob and player radar that can't be turned off by server. Waypoints don't show if over 1000m away. Nether and overworld coords are the same. Thats all i can think of atm there are porb more.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, AFAICT, Voxel shows the points in the Nether that map to your waypoints in the Overworld. As in, if you put down a portal there, you'll end up in the right place. I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty certain it's not just the same raw coordinates.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Go back to DW20 pack. I hit 1024 slimes to fill my Soul Shard within my Quarries.
They just annoy me now. Over 512 sticky green things and havent made One sticky piston yet!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel's map in cave mode is also arguably more useful than REI, because it also shows non lit caves.
The downside being that it's on auto trigger, you can't choose to have surface map when caving.

I see a lot of hate for Voxel, justified for those that have their FPS being significantly lowered, but I personally like the change quite a lot. (and the chat bubbles).

As for slimes, if what you want is slime balls, then maze slimes tend to drop tons of them, in minotaurus dens.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel's map in cave mode is also arguably more useful than REI, because it also shows non lit caves.
The downside being that it's on auto trigger, you can't choose to have surface map when caving.

I see a lot of hate for Voxel, justified for those that have their FPS being significantly lowered, but I personally like the change quite a lot. (and the chat bubbles).

As for slimes, if what you want is slime balls, then maze slimes tend to drop tons of them, in minotaurus dens.
Not going to diss anything I havent used> I play DW20 pack and I tend to stick with what I know. REI's annoys me a bit with Mystcraft and the fact it can't remember markers I place from one visit to the next. Havent tried Voxel. Thought DW20 was going to change to it at some point but it didnt happen. Maybe better maybe not. Can't tell if I have never used it.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
One: Because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels.
Two: That signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance they won't see it?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Because REI's was taken out and the less useful voxel version was put in... *cough* not that I have anything against the FTB crew.

"less useful" and cheaty

It shows mob locations and gives a detailed cave map. None of which can be turned off on the server.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
The coordinate mess with overworld / nether was the death knell for me, no ty. Also the radar is cheaty af -_-

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
It does not lag as much, voxel brings horrible menus, voxel has a "cheat" mob and player radar that can't be turned off by server. Waypoints don't show if over 1000m away. Nether and overworld coords are the same. Thats all i can think of atm there are porb more.
In the 1.5x ver of Voxel you can select you want waypoint visibility. Nether / Overworld / End.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I hate Voxel. The underground thing feels OP and stupid, and the "cheaty" mob radar doesn't work all of the time anyway.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
mob radar, teleporting to waypoints, underground cheatmap... it's garbage. It's laggy, cheaty garbage. I completely understand the reason for the change.. Slow and a few others on the team are streamers and you can't exactly edit your videos to get rid of Rei showing the server IP, so they changed it for themselves, I understand that, but I still think that the amount of streamers vs the amount of regular people is a bit lopsided. Rei's should have stayed in and the streamers should manually change, not the other way around.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I love the underground thing, mostly because it actually lets me see what the underground parts of my base look like. As for teleporting to waypoints, it's disabled by default on servers - or rather, requires op priviliges - and in SSP you can just, y'know, not use it.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried using the waypoint teleport, and got told I don't have the privileges for it. It's op only. And I don't see that a feature that you're entirely free to not use with no downside should be held against a mod.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Slime gone missing.

Possable cuases

Above ground spawn
Biome data migth have changed (but you confrimed your still in a swamp so most likely not)
I belive one of the more recent updates to MC turns down the spawn rate at night so possable your just being unlucky
Some mods (like mo'creatures) do a over haul of the spawn system if you recently installed or updated one of these it might be your reason

Undground spawn (I know you said outside your base but inculding this for completeness)
Map seed changed moving the slime chunks
Again some mods (mo'creatures) change spawn mechanics.

Thats the only thing I can think out off the top of my head.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Slime gone missing.

Possable cuases

Above ground spawn
Biome data migth have changed (but you confrimed your still in a swamp so most likely not)
I belive one of the more recent updates to MC turns down the spawn rate at night so possable your just being unlucky
Some mods (like mo'creatures) do a over haul of the spawn system if you recently installed or updated one of these it might be your reason

Undground spawn (I know you said outside your base but inculding this for completeness)
Map seed changed moving the slime chunks
Again some mods (mo'creatures) change spawn mechanics.

Thats the only thing I can think out off the top of my head.
I thought we'd already proven it was because slimes are linked to the phases of the moon now?

Were-slime... huh...
*Rushes to hollywood*

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I thought we'd already proven it was because slimes are linked to the phases of the moon now?

Were-slime... huh...
*Rushes to hollywood*

Did not see a post from OP confriming that.

But good to know it was figured out.