Where do you get blood to make endstone in tinkers?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
going through mighty smelting by: thruul m'gon
you can make endstone by mixing blood and obsidian but, where do i get the blood?

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is obtained from dropping villagers directly into the smeltery. Produces molten emeralds aswell.

Jul 29, 2019
Nei shows it as being blood or liquid emerald, but I would say try throwing some ender pearls into the smeltery.

kharis

Jul 29, 2019
In unleashed 1.1.4 smeltered ender pearls work. Not sure what your playing ob though

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
villagers or players don't work anymore in the smeltery. I'm playing 1.6 and though it'd be a nice way of killing off a group of villagers everytime, but it didn't work :(

Reactions: PhantomRage

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is there no way to solidify liquid emerald?
It's never been possible, as far as I'm aware.

And I haven't tested this yet, but I think entities inside the smeltery only take damage now if there's something molten in there. I'll give it a test to see if that works for getting molten emerald.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
It's never been possible, as far as I'm aware.

And I haven't tested this yet, but I think entities inside the smeltery only take damage now if there's something molten in there. I'll give it a test to see if that works for getting molten emerald.
Yep, just got around to testing.

In the final 1.5.2 build, you just need to throw the villagers in the smeltery to get molten emerald.
In the latest 1.6.2 build, there has to be something molten in the smeltery before it will "melt" the villagers into molten emerald.

Reactions: PhantomRage

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
From what I read, you have to hurt things that are in the smeltery to make it bleed into the smeltery. I havent tried it yet, but I can confirm that there needs to be something already cooking in the smeltery for villagers to become molten emerald in there. Villager children are worth slightly less emerald, so make sure they come of age before you melt them down for shineys :)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Its #@$% like this that makes me want to uninstall TiC.
Well, the endstone recipe is sensible and depends on enderpearls not blood - at least with TiC in Monster 1.0.10

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
to make blood melt metal ANY METAL chuck in mobs be them hostile or passive but not endermen or villagers else you get liquid ender or liquid emerald wait for them to be burned by the metal instant blood you can also join in if you want if you die you also get more blood

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the neither and look for blood trees. You will get blood.
image.jpg