When is soul forge gonna get fixed?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I made 2 shards for first time in months spent most all last night lvling them to t5, now I am sorry I did way way way to OP 6 mobs every 2 seconds, my old system I used on many servers cant get near keeping up (2 malee & 1 xp), I had to make a 5 malee turtle grinder to keep up with 1 t5, I guess its still in the balancing stage, even had to edit/tweek the turtle code for kill speed, I even spent a couple of hours making gates & r/g/b/y wire to control & planed on 2 more, spider & wither skelly, but aint sure I'll bother.

& to natnif36, atm dartcraft is to op as part of a pack, as a stand alone maybe kind of balanced, but in a pack its just to easy to get op items very fast, & the spoil bags give portal guns & the like to easy & often, so atm I try not to use it, even if its part of the map I salvaged & converted to 152ngt pack, atm spoil bags dont go into my system, voided.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno soul shards is doing the grindy kind of balancing where mfr does the infrastructure/difficulty kind of balancing. Moreover MFR had a very good balance right from the start and well, sshards left a bad aftertaste in my mouth after the blazerod boilers incident and it's been getting steadily worse. I'm still wishing the mod all the best, but MFR now does the same with the nice fun logistical challenge forestry used to have, and I'm loving it.

I don't even care about the interplay much as I see it as something which might be gone soon and really, why bother with something which might be gone soon when you can make a nice, safe ,closed system out of just MFR?

Just set up a little power, build a nice little wheat farm, a cow farm, a spawner + grinder and you're golden for mob drops. You can even automate which mob you want to spawn.

Heck, I'm sorry to say this, but if sshards was completely removed, blaze rods could get buffed again for boilers and it would still be perfectly balanced! I mean, wouldn't you guys love that?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno soul shards is doing the grindy kind of balancing where mfr does the infrastructure/difficulty kind of balancing. Moreover MFR had a very good balance right from the start and well, sshards left a bad aftertaste in my mouth after the blazerod boilers incident and it's been getting steadily worse. I'm still wishing the mod all the best, but MFR now does the same with the nice fun logistical challenge forestry used to have, and I'm loving it.

I don't even care about the interplay much as I see it as something which might be gone soon and really, why bother with something which might be gone soon when you can make a nice, safe ,closed system out of just MFR?

Just set up a little power, build a nice little wheat farm, a cow farm, a spawner + grinder and you're golden for mob drops. You can even automate which mob you want to spawn.

Heck, I'm sorry to say this, but if sshards was completely removed, blaze rods could get buffed again for boilers and it would still be perfectly balanced! I mean, wouldn't you guys love that?

I had to try ss to see whats changed, info is power :), plus needed to answer forum questions.
yeah I too prefer mfr to shards, I just hate to have a build with no turtles there a habit now, mfr is far more logical & output from one part can easy be used in another part of mfr to make impressive systems, has the over enchanting thing been fixed in mfr, the triple Lv5 enchants ?.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Do MFR farms still duplicate mob Essense when dealing with slimes?

No, entities spawned on death are now silently deleted
I had to try ss to see whats changed, info is power :), plus needed to answer forum questions.

yeah I too prefer mfr to shards, I just hate to have a build with no turtles there a habit now, mfr is far more logical & output from one part can easy be used in another part of mfr to make impressive systems, has the over enchanting thing been fixed in mfr, the triple Lv5 enchants ?.

Dunno :D.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
So that would also include ender tots?
And their demonic parents?

Because one could perhaps use those...

Oh, and couldn't one still abuse slimes, albeit in a trickier manner now? I'll give an example.
Let's say spawning 1 mob costs 2 Essense, and killing one mob grants 1.
If someone uses an alternate method of slime killing, to split it into 4, then uses the grinder to kill those 4, wouldn't that still work, as it spawns for 2, and then gets 1 per kill, times 4 still makes a profit - this is all assuming its the grinder that dissipates the mobs, not the mob itself, a la soul shards.
Speaking of, any plans to make the grinder work with Soul Shards spawned mobs again?

And anyone know if the Quest Ram from Twilight Forest is on the blacklist?

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Quest rams are blacklisted. Nobody even told me soul shards broke, so this is the first I've heard of that.

Yeah, you can split slimes some other way. I'm ok with that because it means you at least put thought into it, and fixing that in a general case is pretty much impossible. I might in the long run force slimes to spawn at size 1, but who knows.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Well, what appears to be happening is that the grinder isn't recognising soul-shards spawned mobs, and therefore it "broke".

Also, the grinder doesn't pick up any dropped Dartcraft spoils bags, so they always need to be picked up separately to the primary drops.

I think this issue is caused because they don't drop like other mob drops, but rather spawn on the ground randomly upon a mobs death. Could be wrong though.

And any thoughts on adding your own tags to mobs? So someone can't use a MFR spawner and power it for a while, and use that constant spawning to easily level up a soul shard?

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Items left on the ground = that mod is bugged. In this case, dartcraft doesn't understand what the doMobLoot gamerule does. Sigh.

And I'm not going to balance my mod around soul shards, since it's basically already free stuff forever. I'll make it work, but that's as far as I'll go.

Reactions: egor66

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
PC you sir are correct there seems to be a lot of issues not least balance with SS atm, your work is much appreciated by us the humble users dont change a thing, your mod mfr to me is all about automation, & the bags crap I worked out a way to auto collect them anyway, but I dont as there too OP for my taste.

keep up the great work & get your rednet into 152ngt asap, that would have saved me a lot of messing about with gates & wires to make a control system for vanilla/ss grinders, but that said if there is a problem I like to solve it any way I can, even if I dont intend using in the long run, oh did I mention I want rednet in 152ngt :p