Whats your base designs??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Extra bees? Exited bees produce lightning strikes near their hive.
Nope. XD
I do have a bunch of other really awesome mods though - just not a lot of the "classic" ones (TE would be the exception).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft?

And I guess you're right, but it's so much more fun to build with the terrain. Having no terrain irks me.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft?

And I guess you're right, but it's so much more fun to build with the terrain. Having no terrain irks me.
Are you asking about me?
And in case you're curious, nope. Sorry, but it seemed sort of superficial. I'm trying to keep my pack with as few mods as possible, and Railcraft adds a ton of stuff I didn't ever want to use.
If you end up playing my pack, feel free to install it anyway - I'd like to see your arguments for including it (in screenshot form, of course).
//Another Shameless Plug

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
MineChem and Galacticraft, but Railcraft adds too many things? I'll give you GC, since the stated goal is the moon.

I'll put this on my list to play, once I have my new computer completed. (The current one has issues with 1.6.4, much less 1.7). Perhaps we should continue this via PM, so we don't clutter this topic?

Back on topic though: I'm currently experimenting with underwater base design. The thing I've always had problems with has been doors for under water bases. Right now I've got two Carpenter's doors, and then a protected outside area surrounded by fences. Then four fence gates stacked into a two wide entrance, and open. That holds the water back and gives me both a way in that means I'm not walking straight out into the water, but also a protected porch like entrance so I can recover if I've been chased in by monsters. Anyone have any good designs?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it okay if I build an evil corporate lair out of Chisel blocks and lava, and build it into a mountain? I'm still waiting for the mod that lets me just summon lightning strikes.
(Redstone Armory has an RF axe that does that, but when you stick it in an autonomous activator the lightning's graphics don't show. :()
Do you have TE and MFR? I know that at one point in time, you could summon lightning by drinking destabilized redstone through a straw... but I'm not sure if that still works. And I'm not sure if the straw even works in auto-activators. I tried it with a TT Dynamism Tablet once, which didn't work, but the AA might.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Well the title says it all. Whats your base designs. mine is usally a building with 4 9x9 with a basement (4)
1) basement with my power source big reactors
2) mob farm
3) thaumcraft
4) botania
i dont have any photos of my base.

feel free to stick photos in the comments and tell us about your designs.

See my signature, for many variations on base design

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
His modpack does have TE and MFR.

I know that MPS has a lightning summoner. Eat's a lot of power though.
True. But again, will it work in an AA? :p (Again, I don't have that MPS anyway - it makes everyone immediately try to craft it, regardless of material cost)
Do you have TE and MFR? I know that at one point in time, you could summon lightning by drinking destabilized redstone through a straw... but I'm not sure if that still works. And I'm not sure if the straw even works in auto-activators. I tried it with a TT Dynamism Tablet once, which didn't work, but the AA might.
GimmeGimmeGimme!
I'll try that once I have time. :D
Evil wizard-tech tower, here I come!
... Of course, I'll have to figure out how to get infinite redstone, but stil...
Hey, maybe a mining laser with six red focuses. That's another use for my giant Big Reactor!

Last edited: