Whats wrong with this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
I made this mob farm in Infinity using cursed earth, fans, and grinders. I did this near a nether fortress so that way I get blazes and wither skellies. I built it over the fortress (as shown), and I get nothing but pigment and wolves. The cursed earth clearly does not recognize the fortress. My question is why not? Does the cursed earth have to be in a certain "range" or "nether fortress biome?" The obvious solution is moving it, but where?
83fc8c2c20964713f1e478bd540d919f

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Photo not working.
I did not know that Cursed Earth change the spawn of mobs depending on were it is. Acctually I did not know it spawns other stuff if you put it into the nether.
next, do spawned mobs on cursed earth persist even if there is no player in the dimension but chunckloaded or do they despawn right away?
If you play Infinity there are tons of other mods that help you make mobs spawn and you could look into them.

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
It does, ive done it before, but at a smaller scale. I have tested and if chunkloaded, they stay alive. I believe this is because cursed earth spawns mobs with that buff which includes no despawning/player proximity. I can't use other mods cause this is a mid-game solution that usually works very well.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
The cursed earth has to be in the fortress structural area itself for it to spawn wither skeletons and blazes.

Reactions: Dentvar

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
That is too high, you basically have to replace the original fortress floors with cursed earth for it to spawn wither skeletons and blazes. You can get maybe 3 floors with enough space for wither skeletons.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Wither's spawn only in intersections of roads and surroundings... So put the earth in an intersection to be sure you get them

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, that was my first guess basically. To make a spawner like this works, should i shape it to a nether fortress? I was thinking because the fortress is 5 blocks wide, i could replace it with 5 wide cursed earth and put stone around it as the structure. Will that work?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The spawning area isn't exactly the shape of the fortress. You will have to look up a guide on youtube or something to get the exacts.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
A much easier way to go about this would be a JABBA diamond dolly. Mob spawners placed on Cursed earth should still spawn mobs without you around. So instead of doing a bunch of research to find the exact parameters of a wither skelly's spawn area, you could just drop a normal skelly spawner on some Cursed Earth anywhere in the nether and it'll start spawning wither skellies, with the occasional normal skelly because vanilla. Do the same with a Blaze spawner, and the Cursed earth should spawn Pigmen own its own, for an easy mob farm.