What's the performance typically like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cockroachlurcher

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering if i was getting expected performance or whether there was a problem. i'm running at 2560x1440 with an i7 3820, 8 gb ram, and gtx 670 and I'm hovering around 70fps ( would like to be able to reach 110)
I'm running on FTB 1.01 1.47 with optifine installed with transparent grass, distance far
i also have set AA to 4 and AF to 16
running a 64 bit texture pack.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering if i was getting expected performance or whether there was a problem. i'm running at 2560x1440 with an i7 3820, 8 gb ram, and gtx 670 and I'm hovering around 70fps ( would like to be able to reach 110)
I'm running on FTB 1.01 1.47 with optifine installed with transparent grass, distance far
i also have set AA to 4 and AF to 16
running a 64 bit texture pack.
At stock cpu clocks which i think is all your cpu can do yeah your getting all your gonna get.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
With the specs in my signature, I get about 30-50 fps in my base but that might be cause I have ALL my stuff in one place. All machines, Contrapions and such.
When I restart im gonna spread out a little more, And thus getting more fps.

(btw, I get about 150 fps in vanilla)

Cockroachlurcher

Jul 29, 2019
so the game is heavily cpu limited?
it seems like most of the settings i've put on would affect the GPU more:(
which settings should you turn down to reduce cpu usage?
i guess i could overclock a bit, it tried it to 4.2 before and it was fine

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
so the game is heavily cpu limited?
it seems like most of the settings i've put on would affect the GPU more:(
which settings should you turn down to reduce cpu usage?
i guess i could overclock a bit, it tried it to 4.2 before and it was fine
Go for 4.5Ghz and you'll be blazing. And yes FTB relies heavily on the CPU and not so much on the GPU. The fact you have an Intel CPU just puts you ahead of the game and you'll run FTB just fine.