What's the fastest charger in Sky Factory 2.5(.3)?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Based on late game tinkering around with an energy infuser (none of this info is on any wiki that I know of), I've noticed that it has a limit on how quickly it can accept RF but this limit if per face. Make sure your energy storage can output infinite RF/t; something like a tier 7 energy core with tesseracts pulling from the energy pylons. Then put a tesseract on five faces of the energy infuser and watch it absolutely fly compared to what you are used to.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Based on late game tinkering around with an energy infuser (none of this info is on any wiki that I know of), I've noticed that it has a limit on how quickly it can accept RF but this limit if per face. Make sure your energy storage can output infinite RF/t; something like a tier 7 energy core with tesseracts pulling from the energy pylons. Then put a tesseract on five faces of the energy infuser and watch it absolutely fly compared to what you are used to.
Why does the speed augments help in that case (actualy, do they)? And if I put the augment that uses -50% energy, will it actualy use -50% and still charge at the same speed?

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the speed augments help in that case (actualy, do they)? And if I put the augment that uses -50% energy, will it actualy use -50% and still charge at the same speed?

Nope, the Thermal Expansion 4 augments will not do anything in the setup that I described. But use cryostabilized fluxducts to connect 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 faces of a tesseract to that many faces of a energy infuser and load each with a draconium block. You'll find that once the energy infuser's tiny internal buffer is exhausted, that the buffer will then come back up to the amount of RF/t that is being fed into the machine. I don't recall the amount per face fed into the machine but you will find that the one fed by five faces of a tesseract goes 5x as fast as feeding power into a single face.

EDIT: http://ftbwiki.org/Energy_Infuser not http://ftbwiki.org/Energetic_Infuser Just noticed based on your comment that you may be confusing the machine that I am talking about. Use the machine from Draconic Evolution to pour energy into a draconium block; it goes way faster.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
This power setup can transfer out 2,000,000 RF/t:

And if you look at the internal buffer of the energy infuser as it is working, you'll see it is steady at 2,000,000 RF:

meaning it is receiving this much energy from the tesseract each tick and adding that much to the charging draconium block each tick. So above I was mistaken, the bottleneck isn't the energy infuser it was/is my power source.

Last edited:

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
This power setup can transfer out 2,000,000 RF/t:

And if you look at the internal buffer of the energetic infuser as it is working, you'll see it is steady at 2,000,000 RF:

meaning it is receiving this much energy from the tesseract each tick and adding that much to the charging draconium block each tick. So above I was mistaken, the bottleneck isn't the energetic infuser it was/is my power source.
Whats that block that holds the power? I have seen this block before, I just didn't know what's the name of it.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, this setup will charge a block in around 1 second:
2016-08-02_01.19.35_zpsqyz1dl89.png