Whats the best Feed-The-Beast pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

James Daine

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I am setting up and FTB server and I don't know what the best pack is?

Can anyone tell me which is the best?

Thanks!

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Unleashed is probably your best bet. Unhinged is meant to be very difficult and I don't think there is anything in the Direwolf20 pack that isn't in Unleashed.

Kitchen_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I find the DW20 and Unleashed pack to be equally as fun. The Unleashed pack has the most mods so there is potentially more to play with but this doesn't mean it is more fun than the others. My server runs the Unleashed pack ATM and I find myself missing gregtech at times. I went with the Unleashed pack because of soulshards and portal guns mostly but found that I don't really use either very much.

Long story short, it is really all about what you want from the game. If you want slower game progression go with Unhindged if you want to focus on building and creating different systems Dw20 or Unleashed might be a better choice (but you can still do this with Unhindged). I find it hard to decided which pack I like the most...

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just add that Unleashed can be quite intensive on your server and client, so if you don't have a good server, then I recommend going for DW20.

Reactions: Whovian