What's causing the fire that is destroying my cursed earth?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
It is raining outside my base. I have lights inside set to a lever (which was working fine last night) now random parts of my base, and my cursed earth are on fire.

What gives?

2014-07-17_12.10.19.png[DOUBLEPOST=1405613587][/DOUBLEPOST]Even after the rain stops, it's still doing it

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
At one point any light would cause cursed earth to catch fire, one version of extra utilities changed it so only sunlight made it catch fire and other light disabled it. Make sure there's no sunlight in there and check your extra utilities version.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
At one point any light would cause cursed earth to catch fire, one version of extra utilities changed it so only sunlight made it catch fire and other light disabled it. Make sure there's no sunlight in there and check your extra utilities version.

I know there isn't it ran fine last night w/o a problem. There is zero light getting into that spawn room. Just some weird shi* going on.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I know there isn't it ran fine last night w/o a problem. There is zero light getting into that spawn room. Just some weird shi* going on.

I'm looking at the picture, and you have lights right above the cursed earth. If you aren't running a newer version, those lights will cause the cursed earth to catch fire.

I don't know about the rest of your base though.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I'm looking at the picture, and you have lights right above the cursed earth. If you aren't running a newer version, those lights will cause the cursed earth to catch fire.

I don't know about the rest of your base though.

I'm running the latest version for 1.6.4, so the lights aren't an issue. The problem did seem to clear itself up once I system wasn't gummed up with items anymore. The cursed earth was even catching fire in the dark, I merely turned the lights on so I didn't get nicked by the mobs.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm running the latest version for 1.6.4, so the lights aren't an issue. The problem did seem to clear itself up once I system wasn't gummed up with items anymore. The cursed earth was even catching fire in the dark, I merely turned the lights on so I didn't get nicked by the mobs.

I have no idea then. Sorry.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is raining outside my base. I have lights inside set to a lever (which was working fine last night) now random parts of my base, and my cursed earth are on fire.

What gives?

View attachment 11976[DOUBLEPOST=1405613587][/DOUBLEPOST]Even after the rain stops, it's still doing it
Are you by any chance carrying Railcraft "Firestone" in any of its forms? That will cause random fires everywhere around you as long as you are carrying it. If one of these fires would spawn inside your Cursed earth farm, it would cause light and cause the majority of the cursed earth to set aflame as well.

Reactions: Padfoote

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I placed cursed earth in the End, with an open sky. It didn't catch fire unless I placed a torch. Didn't try it with a roof.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Are you by any chance carrying Railcraft "Firestone" in any of its forms? That will cause random fires everywhere around you as long as you are carrying it. If one of these fires would spawn inside your Cursed earth farm, it would cause light and cause the majority of the cursed earth to set aflame as well.

I honestly can't remember. It could be a possibility. I had an inventory full of stuff (I have magnet mode on) that got swept into me once I logged on. Once I fixed the issue, and the system became unstuffed, it fixed itself. Can't remember if any of it was Firestone or not. :(

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
Firestone ore only spawns in the Nether, uncommonly, at the bottom of lava lakes. Once fully processed, fire-stones are useful to heat up solid fuel boilers initially (charge them by throwing them into lava, which consumes lava in fairly large range by turning it into obsidian, then use it as fuel).

While its in your inventory in any but its final form it will randomly create fires around you.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Firestone ore only spawns in the Nether, uncommonly, at the bottom of lava lakes. Once fully processed, fire-stones are useful to heat up solid fuel boilers initially (charge them by throwing them into lava, which consumes lava in fairly large range by turning it into obsidian, then use it as fuel).

While its in your inventory in any but its final form it will randomly create fires around you.
A very common source of it however is the MFR laser drill. Can easily see someone picking it up by accident, and carrying it around for a while without noticing. Have done that myself a couple times when sorting different ores in my ME system.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
A very common source of it however is the MFR laser drill. Can easily see someone picking it up by accident, and carrying it around for a while without noticing. Have done that myself a couple times when sorting different ores in my ME system.
You can get Firestone from a laser drill? That's unexpected.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

I destroyed half of my house doing this once. It was...an experience