What would YOU change about BuildCraft?

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: RotaryCraft has its own pump. It's normally used to produce water for steam engines and the like, but it *should* also work on oil spouts. You'll still need a refinery from another mod to produce something that the fuel enhancer can use, but maybe BC's refinery is in a module that doesn't include anything progression-breaking?
While it works just fine pumping oil, it can only pump up to 2 blocks below it. Since BC oil is found mostly vertically, you'd need to replace the pumps every few seconds, which isn't exactly the best solution.
Edit: Someone actually suggested to make a RoC addon to Reika for a pump which does work roughly like the BC pump. Reika refused it, though, as he didn't want a machine who's only purpose is to copy the function of another mod's machine. Especially BuildCraft.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: RotaryCraft has its own pump. It's normally used to produce water for steam engines and the like, but it *should* also work on oil spouts. You'll still need a refinery from another mod to produce something that the fuel enhancer can use, but maybe BC's refinery is in a module that doesn't include anything progression-breaking?

For details, you might want to check this. The pump is designed to work with water or other self-replenishing liquids. Unlike BC's pump, which will pump any depth of water, RoC's pump will only pull the first two levels from the surface of a liquid. Any more, and you will need to periodically move the pump down. According to Reika, this is intended behavior, and if I want a pump that will get all levels, I need to use BC's pump.

While it works just fine pumping oil, it can only pump up to 2 blocks below it. Since BC oil is found mostly vertically, you'd need to replace the pumps every few seconds, which isn't exactly the best solution.
Edit: Someone actually suggested to make a RoC addon to Reika for a pump which does work roughly like the BC pump. Reika refused it, though, as he didn't want a machine who's only purpose is to copy the function of another mod's machine. Especially BuildCraft.

Specifically Buildcraft.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For details, you might want to check this. The pump is designed to work with water or other self-replenishing liquids. Unlike BC's pump, which will pump any depth of water, RoC's pump will only pull the first two levels from the surface of a liquid. Any more, and you will need to periodically move the pump down. According to Reika, this is intended behavior, and if I want a pump that will get all levels, I need to use BC's pump.
I... did not know that. Huh.

That's what I get for saying things without researching first.

Yeah, you'll need BC's pump for that then. Or frames and some cleverness.
...Except Reika's machines don't always like being moved by frames. Hrm.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack uses OpenComputers, not ComputerCraft. I intend for the player to have to progress to the stage where they have power before I let them have an in-game computer. Until then, they're stuck in the Agrarian Stage.