What worked for me to get back after the modpack update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, followed the advice of some of the guys in IRC and here's what worked for me. YMMV:

1) Go to FTB Launcher opts
2) Click on Force Update
3) Launch
4) Shutdown ftb/minecraft and restart ftb
5) Go into mods
6) Disable Portalgun mod
7) Download: http://repo.creeperhost.net/downloads/ichun/filespg^portalgun1.4.2v0.2_universal.zip
8) Add the downloaded mod (hit add mod, navigate to your downloads folder & select it)
9) Launch again and attempt to login to the server.

This works for my server which I have NOT updated in any form or fashion from before the modpack rollout today.'

My suggestion: Wait to update any versions of the modpack if you play multiplayer until your server admins tell you to specifically update.

If you're a server admin, try to hang out in the #ftb and #ftblauncher irc channels and direct some of the more virulent idiots over here to the forums which is the actual support place.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
For those who want the old files. I have them dropboxed and you're welcome to them if you just want to play the last stable build.

{ This post was edited by damnedsky because it contained links to the FTB modpack files that were not hosted on approved and official hosts and therefore could not be guaranteed to be save. Until further notice this will remain as such. }

EDIT because Derpbox.

follumramp

Jul 29, 2019
i have to say this is rely cool of you i can get on my sørver and i can get my frends on 1ns more and now i wont update eny more before they have a full relise of somting w works

TheMergedRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
When trying to log into my private server, which I have not updated thus far, I get the error "Portal Gun: Block IDs does not match server. I used the download mentioned above also.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
When trying to log into my private server, which I have not updated thus far, I get the error "Portal Gun: Block IDs does not match server. I used the download mentioned above also.
This is because you've updated your modpack to a version which has an updated PortalGun mod. I have provided a modpack build which matches the server, I suggest using that and not updating until another stable build has been released.

TheMergedRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
This is because you've updated your modpack to a version which has an updated PortalGun mod. I have provided a modpack build which matches the server, I suggest using that and not updating until another stable build has been released.
Thanks for the help, this solved the issue!

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
5173674d3651f4cb9ee4e35c264428b1.png
LAME.​
Mediafire HO!​

pixalen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey wabbit, thx for the files.. Also; you included a saved server in the files XD GIEf WAJTLEEST?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey wabbit, thx for the files.. Also; you included a saved server in the files XD GIEf WAJTLEEST?
I did? Wow, I must have missed that.
The whitelist is closed for it anyway so it's not like it matters but thanks for the heads up~!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
So it seems that, despite the usefulness, the mods have decided to redact the uploads. Least I helped some people before they did.
I can understand why, cover their bums. I don't like when things change before I know what was changed. Thus: changelogs. They're working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.