What uses have you found for Tool Dynamism Tablet?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm not being creative enough with this item. All I can think to do is have an auto sheep shearing station or animal breeder, or perhaps a sweet logger. What's the coolest thing you've done with it?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some guy on a server once, and he put a wand in it next to an infusion altar. Not sure what that would do, but it's something.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some guy on a server once, and he put a wand in it next to an infusion altar. Not sure what that would do, but it's something.

Hmm...I could see putting a wand in a TDT along with a water bucket in another for automated Crucible use (preferably with a Hungry Chest nearby to make sure the products are safely extracted), but not so much a wand next to an infusion altar...

Another possible use for a wand in a TDT (not tested, so I can't be sure how well it'd work): if you build a 1x2 tunnel into your base and plug the end with Phantom Stone Blocks, you could place a TDT facing each block and put a wand in, then hook the tablets up to redstone to make a guest entrance.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
No, I meant having the "plug" be at the END of the tunnel, not completely bordered by the actual walls; the first tablet would be on the ground, while the second would be up on a block:
X
XPT
TPX

It's a moot point, though, since wands in a TDT apparently can't remove phantom stone blocks. Shame, that. :(

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
No, I meant having the "plug" be at the END of the tunnel, not completely bordered by the actual walls; the first tablet would be on the ground, while the second would be up on a block:
X
XPT
TPX

It's a moot point, though, since wands in a TDT apparently can't remove phantom stone blocks. Shame, that. :(
If you could do that then the player who didn't place the stone could put a tablet anywhere and break through defenses.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
If you could do that then the player who didn't place the stone could put a tablet anywhere and break through defenses.

Not if each tablet knew who last placed it--thus still registering as the "owner" of the phantom blocks. ;)

(That is to say, only a tablet placed by Player A could use a wand to break phantom blocks placed by Player A; if Player B broke and replaced the tablet, it wouldn't be able to break the phantom blocks placed by Player A, because the tablet would know it had been placed down by Player B.)

...Actually, isn't that how warded stone blocks and phantom blocks work anyway? I can theoretically craft a stack of warded stone blocks, then give them to my friend, and then if he placed them, I wouldn't be able to do anything to them because they only remember that he placed them, not that I crafted them. If that's the case, it should be pretty simple to apply a similar "memory" to the Tool Dynamism Tablet--the hard part, as I see it, would be passing that value to the warded/phantom blocks when the tablet uses the wand.*

*I haven't seen the code in question, so I don't actually know the relative difficulty of those changes. :p

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Using a wand and two tallow golems to automate the extraction of Ignis and Pracantatio from Blaze Powder, which was then automatically put into GT magic converters.
Unfortunately, the server I was playing on had an issue that would delete golems...