What use is there for biogas cells? (IC2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
So I made a large batch of biogas...and there was much more than the machine could hold so I canned most of it. I have like 50 biogas cells now...and I just realized there seems to be NO USE for them....I can't find a way to get the biogas out of the cells into my jetpack, which is why I made them in the first place. I found I can empty the biogas into the canning machine, and NEI shows that you can empty them into the fluid transposer (though I have no idea why you would do that). Supposedly there is supposed to be a way to use the canning machine to refuel the jetpack but I cannot figure out a way to do this. I've only been able to fuel my jetpack using the fermenter. Anyone can shed some light on what to do with these biogas cells? Or did I just waste 50,000 mb of biogas???

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Jetpack

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Canning_Machine
or
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Bottling_Plant

thanks to how ic2 works you probably end up needing 2 canning machines or 1 canning machine and 1 bottling plant(depends if if it can get liquids out of cans and directly into the jetpack).

first you get the biogas out in a canning-machine and pump it to either another canning machine or a bottling plant. use the second machine to refuel it.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The canning machine has an input tank AND an output tank.

shift right clicking on a canning machine while holding a Cell of something should empty the cell into the input tank (if it can take that fluid).

Alternatively, you need to pipe the fluid into an intermediate storage, and then back into the input tank - or just have a pair of canning machines side by side with the first with a fluid ejector upgrade.

Putting a canning machine into 'empty cell' mode will drain cells into the output tank. This can be piped out into intermediate storage, or a 2nd canning machine.
Piping fluids into a canning machine will fill the input tank. On "Fill Cell" mode it should accept cells or other fluid containers such as jetpacks in the top left slot, and it will fill them, moving them to the output slot when they are full.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I made a large batch of biogas...and there was much more than the machine could hold so I canned most of it. I have like 50 biogas cells now...and I just realized there seems to be NO USE for them.... Anyone can shed some light on what to do with these biogas cells? Or did I just waste 50,000 mb of biogas???

Welcome to IC2 without GregTech. If you really want to experience IC2 in full glory, do yourself a favor and play a modpack with GregTech in it. Otherwise... yeah - prepare to be rather disappointed at the lack of "inter-connected-ness" of the various items. That's what Greg specializes in - every item has about 8 different uses and so you never get bored and end up in the spot where you are - "so what can I do with all this stuff i just made?" Been there, done that too!! Unfortunately, GregTech is in the middle of a big upgrade and is between versions right now, so it's not the best time to play it IMO. FTB Ultimate from like 2-3 years ago is still the "good old days" in terms of IC2, GregTech, and modded minecraft. Hasn't been anything like it since... which is a real shame.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 feels really out of place in infinity to me, I'm also playing it at the moment and because it had been ages since I last played I instantly went for IC2 because it was pretty much the main mod for tech stuff back in the day, and it just doesn't feel as good as the more recent mods that fill similar roles

Reactions: Type1Ninja