What type of armor do you prefer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
I recently was making a change in armor. I used to always go for Ulimate solar helmet, GraviChestplate, Quantam leggings, and Quantam boots. That was always my set up. Also normally would make a vajra. But recently I've been getting into power armor and I really like it so far. It's kind of a big change because I'm used to the GraviChestplate being able to fly like creative mode and now with the power armor it's not really the same. But I think it's a small price to pay for the other awesome things you can do with power armor. So what is your favorite type of armor?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
The power armor you can fly like creative as well. Put the flight assist on and its identical. I just got into Ichorium( SP?) armor from Thaumcraft. Its VERY expensive but your pretty much invincible, 100% identical creative flight. Also has Boots of the traveler and goggles of revealing built in. I love it and plan to make the different tools from it as well.

regarding the invincible part, i have fought withers and didnt take any health damage what so ever, but i did have a charged creeper blow up in my face and take 1/2 a heart to me, thats the only thing that has done any damage to me

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I was always a fan of Quantum Suit, but now that i dont like IC2 anymore... :p
I also like BM's bound armour, but never got far enough into the game to actually make it...
Same with TT Kami stuff.
There is still 'something' lacking, so im gonna have to be making my own armour soon though ;)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Light Armor. I mean, seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead in those tin cans you call "Full-Plate", which is funny, because that's how you end up in them!

...Oh wait, this isn't Skyrim.
Uh... Robes for magic days, my MPS for beekeeping/nuclear engineering, a pair of freerunners for when I just Gotta Go FAST, and like most people, I enjoy wearing my Thaumostatic Harness to get around.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Light Armor. I mean, seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead in those tin cans you call "Full-Plate", which is funny, because that's how you end up in them!
pretty much yes, but it's not because enemy's hits but rather tiredness and stench.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
The type of armor that you can hide and show your skin ofcourse! I didn't spend time making the skin just to hide it up :p So MPS all the way sadly :(

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I switched from Quantam armor to power armor was mainly becuase of the new IC2 I still go for advanced machines and ultimate hybrid solar panels cause thats how I get my power but I just think power armors alot easier.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I use force armor and MPS and nano but but i most like diamond armor + long fall boots . :D

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of Modular Power Armor, almost solely for the magical Lux light source it creates :D
Love love love the ability to customize the look too.

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Still sticking to Gravisuite, but not for the Gravichest. Sure its great for the creative flight for building stuff, but I prefer the advanced jetpack for normal flight. So with the addition of the Advanced NanoChestPlate(Advanced Jatpack+Nano chest) I was sold. Other 3 items I use the quantum gear for their respective features(jump, sprint, decursing, autofeed, underwater breeding etc.). Practically indestructible with that gear(think it gives 9.5 armour points) and it powers my favourite tools(also the Gravisuite drill/chainsaw. Specially now they got the new features like the TiCo Hammer/Excavator modes).

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I recently was making a change in armor. I used to always go for Ulimate solar helmet, GraviChestplate, Quantam leggings, and Quantam boots. That was always my set up. Also normally would make a vajra. But recently I've been getting into power armor and I really like it so far. It's kind of a big change because I'm used to the GraviChestplate being able to fly like creative mode and now with the power armor it's not really the same. But I think it's a small price to pay for the other awesome things you can do with power armor. So what is your favorite type of armor?

Powersuit can be setup to fly just like creative. Once you have the jetpack added, you need the flight controller in your helmet for it to work that way. Space bar goes up and Z button goes down and you hover with no input. There is a setting for something to do with the Y level. If you turn it up, you fly where you look. If you leave it on zero, you move on the Y plane no matter where you look, just like creative. Another cool feature is the camoflage mode so your armor doesn't show. Nice if you have a cool skin and don't want to hide it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG