What to do with all those enchanted books?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
In my quest to get the perfect magical stuff, i've been enchanting like crazy, then using the auto-disenchanter to put the enchants on books, then combining them in the combinations I need.

That still leaves a LOT of books behind. I've got more "Bane of Arthropods" than i care to count. I just dont hunt spiders that often.

I would love a way to make them usefull. Is there something out there that takes the enchant off and gives you back mob essence or something?

Thanks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
depends on which modpack you're playing, or which minecraft version and mods you've installed.
in 1.6 there's some items from mods that allow you to disenchant items. there's also Extra Utilities which uses enchanted books for a special magic wood block.
Extra Utilities also has an advanced filing cabinet which is perfect for enchanted book storage.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
If you have dartcraft you should be able to turn those books into bottles of enchanting instead of storing them. I'd also recommend using the LiquidXP mod from immibis. It allows for a more direct method of enchanting and virtually eliminates all those garbage enchants.

Reactions: PierceSG

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Gregtech, I believe the Magic Energy Absorber (Not converter) accepts books as well as any other enchanted item, which is then returned without enchants and the enchants converted into EU.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting Plus also allows you to strip enchantments off items and it gives you the xp back. By default this only works for enchantments, that you did yourself (not sure how it handles enchantments places by Auto Disenchanter of XP Turtles). But this restriction can be removed in the config settings.

Then again, with Enchanting Plus you wouldn't need to get all these books with random enchants in the first place. You could just pick whatever enchant you need.