What to do with all those bees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joophaha

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people,
Im new on the forums.
Just wanted to ask a simple question.
What should I do with all those bees?
I got myself a few apiaries, got a few bees, but now I want to know if there's anything I could do with the bees I have but not using!

Anyone got an answer?

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Well a few bees and a few apiaries is just the first step down a long journey that is... Bees!

You can do so many things with bees, from producing nearly every resource in the game, to exp farms, to blind/hunger/poison your enemies, anyways you get the picture. Bees are only limited by your imagination. Depending on the version you are playing I would suggest doing different things. If you are totally new to bees you should try the escritoire (if you have it available that is). It can help you find out new species to breed and you can potentially get a few bee products out of it as well!

One of the first projects you need to do to get started with bees are breeding industrious and imperial bees. These guys are keystone species in the bee world, so much of thee cool things you can do with bees relies on these guys and their produce.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Don't throw away any bees. At the very least you might want to grind them up for Liquid DNA down the road.

If they're piling up everywhere, driving you crazy because they don't stack well then what you want to look up in NEI is an Indexer.

Reactions: Flipz

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Don't throw away any bees. At the very least you might want to grind them up for Liquid DNA down the road.

If they're piling up everywhere, driving you crazy because they don't stack well then what you want to look up in NEI is an Indexer.

Watch out with the indexer though. They may have fixed it recently, but I remember having trouble with it crashing if you pumped in an obscene amount of drones and then tried to open it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Watch out with the indexer though. They may have fixed it recently, but I remember having trouble with it crashing if you pumped in an obscene amount of drones and then tried to open it.

The work around is to get the bees out the same way you put them in. ;)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Will and indexer work on a storage bus? I don't know why I never thought of that. Maybe because I don't really use indexers anymore.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Obviously keeping your higher tier bee's for future mutation and desirable products. I recommend grinding them up into a large amount of liquid DNA and store it in a tank, for use with the extra bee machines. Since these machines pretty much let you create any bee you want, I usually grind'em up.