What Support CAN'T the Help Desk/Tech Support Offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Due note, this is also a general guideline for FTB staff (on the Forums and the Help Desk) as well.

We cannot offer support for the following:

1. Tickets posted in languages other than English. We are volunteers, and currently do not have any bi-lingual staffers.
  2. Adding mods to the modpacks. Follow the regular install directions for the mod you're trying to add. Make sure you downloaded the correct version for the MC version you're using. For block ID conflicts, check this thread. Linking that thread is all of the assistance we will offer.
  3. Adding texture packs not included in the launcher.
  4. Third party launchers/alterations to the launcher.
  5. Beta/Test Packs. Beta Packs have threads (HERE) for you to report pack bugs. Don't report them here. We don't provide support for ANY beta pack problem. We also do not provide support for test packs, we only provide support for "recommended" versions of the modpacks. All older versions of modpacks will be suggested to update to "recommended".
  6. Mod bugs, these should be sent in to the mod developer. Please make sure it's a bug, and not a feature, before reporting it.
  7. Third party compiled servers. If there is not a "Download Server" button for the modpack, we will not provide support for it.
  8. Plugins. FTB only provides "vanilla" servers.
  9. Use of Java versions that are not used by Minecraft. Minecraft is not using Java 4, 5 or 8, so we don't either.
  10. The use of Operating Systems that are not used by Minecraft.
  11. Permissions of any kind. This is to include: use of FTB logo, creation of new packs, adding new packs to the launcher. FTB Permissions are on the main website. Creation of new Private/Third Party Modpacks.
  12. Issues with Private/Third Party Modpacks. As per Captainnana we are not providing support for these packs. This includes private packs created by the FTB Team.
  13. Forum Requests. This includes: name changes, ban appeals, forum thread moderation, etc. If you're waiting for a thread, read this post.
  14. Specific problems with mod use. This help desk is not a wiki. Please read the FTB Wiki, or the mod wiki.
  15. We cannot control, or effect download server up time. Try downloading again at a later time.
  16. (Added) We do not currently offer assistance in de-corrupting worlds.
  17. (Added) Transferring from one modpack to another [ex: Ultimate 1.4.7 to Unleashed 1.5.2, Mindcrack 1.4.7 to Direwolf20 1.4.7]. Reasons being: (a) Minecraft updates [1.4.x to 1.5.x] are notorious for being incompatible with each other. Add mods to the mix and you are set up for a very big problem. (b) Transferring modpacks within a Minecraft version will sometimes lead to ID conflicts. Due to this, it's considered editing a modpack, which we don't offer support for. This includes transferring servers.
  18. (Added) Mojang related issues. We can't reset your password or change the e-mail associated with your account. We aren't Mojang.
  19. (Added) Frame rate/FPS. FPS is not solely dependent on hardware, but also software and configuration. Due to this, we cannot provide assistance with FPS related questions. As with world de-corruption, there are too many factors in determining FPS, and we do not have the staff nor the time to provide the best possible assistance with this matter.
In short, we only provide support for things that you can get via the launcher.

If you are having trouble getting a file sharing service to work with a modpack by FTB, please make sure you're doing it correctly.
If you are having trouble with your server host, please check their website to know what to do before posting a ticket here. Good hosts will provide support for your server, since you're paying for their services.
You need to read the how-to's related to your file-sharing services and server hosts. If they don't have a step-by-step process on how to set up or troubleshoot, you might want to think about finding someone who does.

We do not provide any form of an ETA.

Please remember, everyone on the FTB team, including those on the help desk, are volunteers.

A link to the original KB article regarding this topic.

Also, please be sure you are posting in the correct Tech Support section.
Modpack Bugs
Server Tech Support
(Not linking regular Tech Support, because you're already here)

Last edited:
Reactions: UniZero and Hoff

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Added Item 16.
There are currently too many factors contributing to world corruption. Use McEdit. Staff members are no longer required to offer assistance in removing corruption.
Disclaimer: Any staff member who does offer assistance with de-corruption, does so on their own accord, and those who heed their advice cannot hold FTB accountable for what occurs.

Reactions: Lawbroken

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Added Item 18.
>.>

Just like any disclaimer, the items we don't help with are added because at least once we were asked to help with it. For most disclaimers (like don't use the hairdryer in the bathtub) it's been added because some moron tried it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Item 13 edited to now read:
Forum Requests. This includes: name changes, ban appeals, forum thread moderation, etc. If you're waiting for a thread, read this post.
This is primarily directed toward receiving requests such as those listed on the help desk.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Going to post this here rather than twitter, since I think more people will see it here.
Help desk users:
If you have an unresolved ticket that is older than 7 days, and unclaimed by a member of the help desk, I am closing your ticket. Feel free to resubmit, or post on the forums.
On Saturday I will be leaving for 2 weeks and won't be able to tend to the help desk. If I am able, it won't be for long, and I won't be able to get to everyone. So to clear up the current unassigned tickets, I'm closing the ones older than 7 days.
I'm not that concerned with the forums, as there are plenty of others who provide wonderful help to those requesting it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I will only be able to access the internet from my phone for a majority of the next 2 weeks. This means I will not be able to answer many, if any, tickets while I'm away. When I'm able, I'll get to them, please be patient.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Tonight I have been able to get internet access. However, my laptop is needed for my platoon to complete tasks.
Hopefully, I'll be able to answer the tickets soon :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Edit to #5.
Beta/Test Packs. Beta Packs have threads (HERE) for you to report pack bugs. Don't report them here. We don't provide support for ANY beta pack problem. We also do not provide support for test packs, we only provide support for "recommended" versions of the modpacks. All older versions of modpacks will be suggested to update to "recommended".

Reactions: Eyamaz

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I will edit that statement to include: We will not support any mod that is edited/redistributed by anyone other than the mod author.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Added #19.

Frame rate/FPS. FPS is not solely dependent on hardware, but also software and configuration. Due to this, we cannot provide assistance with FPS related questions. As with world de-corruption, there are too many factors in determining FPS, and we do not have the staff nor the time to provide the best possible assistance with this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.