what sorting and storage option is best in direwolf20 1.0.2?

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
well, im planning to go enderio untill i have enough to go AE, a kind player has given me a set of the presses already so the long hunt can be skipped.

It has been wierd downgrading from the monsterpack to the direwolf one but im learning new stuff, enderio is pretty damn useful too! i have at the moment 13 survival generators(extra utilities) feeding into a 3 block enderio battery (upto 15mil rf storage) via energy condiuts. not a perfect energy system but good for a start.

when i get home i plan on finding out if jabba barrel can be fed into from bottom as well as the top, my plan being a wall of jabba barrel with 1 block space between the bottom one and the top one for enderio item condiuts, in theory as stuff gets sent through them they should stack into the first barrel that has a similier item or is empty. This will mean at quick glance i will see whats in what barrel and ofcourse its upgradable and cheapish.

i saw the railcraft suggestion but i was rather spoilt by the traincraft mod and cant really look at railcraft the same way (like how atomic power mod put ic2 reactors to shame) though i do love thier multiblock tanks (so miss xycraft tanks but then xycraft has been dead a long time now)

still 6 hours of captivity left and then i can try stuff out (and thanks to a world anchor by the time i get home i should have about 1mil rf stored so can get those item condiuts sorted out with out it taking years :)....so need to win the lottery so i dont have to do this whole working thing.(aparently they require you to buy tickets)

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019
well, im planning to go enderio untill i have enough to go AE, a kind player has given me a set of the presses already so the long hunt can be skipped.

It has been wierd downgrading from the monsterpack to the direwolf one but im learning new stuff, enderio is pretty damn useful too! i have at the moment 13 survival generators(extra utilities) feeding into a 3 block enderio battery (upto 15mil rf storage) via energy condiuts. not a perfect energy system but good for a start.

when i get home i plan on finding out if jabba barrel can be fed into from bottom as well as the top, my plan being a wall of jabba barrel with 1 block space between the bottom one and the top one for enderio item condiuts, in theory as stuff gets sent through them they should stack into the first barrel that has a similier item or is empty. This will mean at quick glance i will see whats in what barrel and ofcourse its upgradable and cheapish.

i saw the railcraft suggestion but i was rather spoilt by the traincraft mod and cant really look at railcraft the same way (like how atomic power mod put ic2 reactors to shame) though i do love thier multiblock tanks (so miss xycraft tanks but then xycraft has been dead a long time now)

still 6 hours of captivity left and then i can try stuff out (and thanks to a world anchor by the time i get home i should have about 1mil rf stored so can get those item condiuts sorted out with out it taking years :)....so need to win the lottery so i dont have to do this whole working thing.(aparently they require you to buy tickets)

Hi Mrgreaper,

Just thought I would let you know you get 8 item conduits for each 3 vibrant nuggets, 9 nuggets from each ingot so 24 item conduits from 1 Enderpearl. Makes them seem not quite as expensive when you look at it like this. The conduit binder is made by smelting binder composite and is made of 6 gravel 2 sand and 1 clay ball. which I think gives you 8 composite which then smelts into 12ish conduit binder. this part is very cheap as it makes a lot.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Mrgreaper,

Just thought I would let you know you get 8 item conduits for each 3 vibrant nuggets, 9 nuggets from each ingot so 24 item conduits from 1 Enderpearl. Makes them seem not quite as expensive when you look at it like this. The conduit binder is made by smelting binder composite and is made of 6 gravel 2 sand and 1 clay ball. which I think gives you 8 composite which then smelts into 12ish conduit binder. this part is very cheap as it makes a lot.
yep a lot cheaper then i thought ...but my barrel idea hit a snag, i underestimated how many barrels i would need lol

that and the server i play on has a tick rate between 5 and 15 at the moment (dropping to 2 at points) has lead to a frustrating night

AWanderingMage

Jul 29, 2019
I was dismayed that Logistics pipes was not included in 1.7, so i decided to add it in myself. I'm not impressed with the eIO pipes or wires either even if they have the ability to all be in one block. I also miss the duct work from thermal expansion. Im going to keep tabs on when they release the standalone pack for them and then include them in my launcher as well. In fact im debating putting portal gun and gravity gun back in as well.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
I was dismayed that Logistics pipes was not included in 1.7, so i decided to add it in myself. I'm not impressed with the eIO pipes or wires either even if they have the ability to all be in one block. I also miss the duct work from thermal expansion. Im going to keep tabs on when they release the standalone pack for them and then include them in my launcher as well. In fact im debating putting portal gun and gravity gun back in as well.

TBH i now swear by enderio condiuts, thier awesome (once you work ways around the fluid versions little ...niggles)

really wish the direwolf pack had updated enderio though as applied energetics has a condiut in the new version!

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
y u no mention golems? :U

no one ever uses golems... :c
they even have a sorting core.