What should I use for my moat? (Empty moat, any block)

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've got a 5 block deep pit in the ground surrounding the entrance to my underground base, and I currently have iron spikes in the pit, is there anything that does more damage to mobs?

I'm using the Direwolf20 Pack in Creative Mode

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
MFFS can do a lot more damage, if that's something you want to mess with. Are you looking to collect mob drops, or do you not care about them?

Reactions: Jack0928PC

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS can do a lot more damage, if that's something you want to mess with. Are you looking to collect mob drops, or do you not care about them?
I will, also have MFFS, the moat is for aesthetics. (I like the idea of it being nearly impossible to breach my fortress.) But I do want it to kill things. And I don't care about mob drops, since I will have Mob Farms and I'm in creative mode.

I've edited the first post so people know I'm in creative mode.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm... I want to say Resonant Ender, since I'm on a bit of a spree with that, but what about some of the other TE3 liquids? Depending on the biome and if you want to have it fit with that, you can either freeze things to death, or burn them with TE3's liquids (I'd name them, but I can't spell them at all :p).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So it sounds like lava, or the TE3 liquids, since those kill fairly fast. This is of course if we're talking just liquids, since I'm sure there's blocks that can kill much faster.

AndreMaartens

Jul 29, 2019
Spatial storage stores every 10 seconds while they system cycles through where a te3 pipe extracts the cell after storing thus trapping them mobs in a storage cell world and putting putting the cell into a autonomous activator set to use only the first slot in sneak mode thus taking the cell and it's housing apart thus deleting the mobs then send those parts to a cyclic assembler which put them back to a cell and transport it back to the spatial io port just in time for a new cycle ( loop the process
:)
Food for Thought. Takes about 3 seconds with a creative energy cell and multiple spatial storage cells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll just go for a hole to bedrock with iron spikes at the bottom. (I know the spikes aren't needed, but I want spikes)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Energized Glowstone? Alternatively, if you don't like my troll answer, liquified pyrotheium. That ought to murder anything that isn't immune to fine right quick.

For the best of both worlds(trolling and deadly), go with Nether Plasma. Won't stay in your moat at all, but is twice as hot as lava and destroys blocks it can touch(if they are weak enough) and can smelt things(apparently). Also great for turning iron blocks into steel blocks.
You could place MFR grinder and void the drops. It always kills in 1 tick, but it has an idle ticking system
Wouldn't work on players, sadly.

Reactions: Padfoote

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Energized Glowstone? Alternatively, if you don't like my troll answer, liquified pyrotheium. That ought to murder anything that isn't immune to fire right quick.

For the best of both worlds(trolling and deadly), go with Nether Plasma. Won't stay in your moat at all, but is twice as hot as lava and destroys blocks it can touch(if they are weak enough) and can smelt things(apparently). Also great for turning iron blocks into steel blocks.

Wouldn't work on players, sadly.
Grammar Nazi's U-Boats are after you :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Grammar Nazi's U-Boats are after you :p
Same with you. The correct plural of Nazi is... Nazi. Plus the usage of a comma and an "s" indicates something other the plural; it indicates possessive, which technically that is, but it is used incorrectly there regardless.

Reactions: Not_Steve