What pack is best for me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

TheSavageM8

So I just downloaded FTB Launcher and saw about 20 packs and didn't have a clue whats best for my self. Now i'm going to state everything I want so just suggest what you would think is best.
My list is:
- several mobs with bosses
- random structures throughout the world
- lots of minerals
- different biomes
- different worlds
- several tools and weapons with different specs and abilities
- rituals or puzzles (not necessary but would like)
- and if possible, some unique other mods that would be fun too.

That;s all I really want in a pack. Whatever is suggested is helpful a lot and I hope anyone else looking for the same things find this helpful too!

ElitePi

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a Kitchen Sink pack would be best, so use Infinity Evolved. It has an optional Expert Mode that makes all mods intertwined, and adds recipes for previously unobtainable items.

T

TheSavageM8

Thanks ill try it out! Months back I was using the unleashed pack and I really liked it but wanted to try something new. I am still looking for suggestions in case this pack isn't my cup of tea.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend Departed. It has lots of new worlds and bosses and some extremely tough mods. I find this pack very challenging.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity... Yeah, it has all those things listed, but like BIG mac said, Departed is mainly focused on magic (which you seem to be looking for) and multiple bosses to progress through the pack.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Anything without HQM. Early days it was good to beginners as pack makers didn't actually change the mods up much. But now most HQM packs are super edited.

OP play Infinity, why? Because it's the biggest. The only time where that's a bad idea is when your computer is a potato. Then you need a lighter pack.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

T

TheSavageM8

So I used both packs and prefer the Departed pack but one issue with it. The world loads but has chunks that refuse to load no matter how long you stand beside it. How can I fix this?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So I just downloaded FTB Launcher and saw about 20 packs and didn't have a clue whats best for my self. Now i'm going to state everything I want so just suggest what you would think is best.
My list is:
- several mobs with bosses
- random structures throughout the world
- lots of minerals
- different biomes
- different worlds
- several tools and weapons with different specs and abilities
- rituals or puzzles (not necessary but would like)
- and if possible, some unique other mods that would be fun too.

That;s all I really want in a pack. Whatever is suggested is helpful a lot and I hope anyone else looking for the same things find this helpful too!
This describes practically every single FTB pack on the launcher at the moment. Perhaps you could narrow your focus a bit?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Now that I look at it, I think the original Horizons might be a good one. Ars Magicka 2, Roguelike Dungeons, Metallurgy, Thaumcraft, Mystcraft. It's not the latest and greatest, but it does have just about all things you want.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I look at it, I think the original Horizons might be a good one. Ars Magicka 2, Roguelike Dungeons, Metallurgy, Thaumcraft, Mystcraft. It's not the latest and greatest, but it does have just about all things you want.

The thing it doesn't have, unfortunately, is Developer support. All the Devs have moved on to bigger things (and some bigger things than that) and others have disappeared. Don't get me wrong, some of the old packs still hold up, but if you come across any bugs along the way, there is no fix coming.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very true. Last I recall, it was very stable, but then most packs feel that way to me. Of course I did eventually loose a world to something so, take that with a grain of salt.