What pack are you playing right now?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running my custom mod pack called Billundcraft. Very informative name isnt it? I'm sure you know exactly which mods are in it based on the name alone.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running my custom mod pack called Billundcraft. Very informative name isnt it? I'm sure you know exactly which mods are in it based on the name alone.

Actually I have no idea... Care to elaborate?

100% serious I'm not sure what billund is

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing Beyond Reality off the ATLauncher. It is balanced around GregTech hard mode. I had to set up a local server to play single player... It's a bit much for my computer to fulfill both roles. It also has botania, and thaumcraft for those that need the magic... I haven't played with GT since 1.5.2, so I figured it would be a nice change of pace.

http://www.beyondrealitypack.com/

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
So Gregtech is good? That is contrary to so much I've heard.... :)

It's not a bad mod, it's just very Gregorius. Everything is set around his ideas of balance, and he changes recipes of pretty much everything to balance his views. It is more or less a total conversion of Minecraft. It has tiered progression. In the beginning, you have manual tools which give absolutely horrible conversion rates of ore to finished product, then you move into the bronze age which improves the conversion rate significantly, then into the steel and electric age which is where you get your full ore doubling and conversions. Pretty much everything can be converted into food, fuel or product. It just might take a few steps and machines to do so.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you are wanting a casual pack with some good mods in it I recommend Vagrim's Chance modpack over on ATLauncher. It's balanced fairly well, it even has the EE2 rewrite called Project E with all the EE2 goodies. Also some lesser known mods and it fixes that awful Squid spam via an EnderIO config option to totally stop squid spawning so you don't have like 200 squid eating up memory. Ink sacs are gotten through breaking tall grass.. odd...but it works.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently building my own pack, though it doesn't have any particular focus, mostly just mods my friends and I find potentially fun/interesting and want to try out. Sort of like a Horizons pack but bigger, and I plan to update it relatively often. I just set it up on my test server this weekend, working OK *so far*, only one server crash to date (excluding crashes from 2 mods whose latest builds crash on servers but not clients.) Need to tweak configs and get modpack distribution permissions from some of the mods still. Whew...making a mod pack is a lot of work!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How hard is gregtech to get into for a complete beginner?

It's not that it's difficult to get into - you won't have to be using college-level calculus, for instance. :) The hard part about GregTech is that everything takes more materials to make... so you need to mine more materials... in the end, the most valuable commodity in GregTech is time.

Just a for-instance... GregTech makes one wood block worth 2 wood planks (not 4 like in vanilla), and it makes two wood planks worth 2 wood sticks (instead of 4). That should give you a good idea of what you'll be dealing with right there. Of course, there is a good solution - the saw. Make a saw and you will indeed get 4 planks per wood and 4 sticks per 2 planks... but you need to take the extra step of crafting a saw, keeping it handy, putting it into the crafting table every time you make planks or sticks... see what I mean? Time. You'll need plenty of it, beginning with exploring for the ore veins that are few and far between and very hard to find.

I think I just gave up on the InfiTech 2 modpack with GregTech in it. I have plenty of time to play, and it's still not enough. I think what I might do is start a creative world, just to be able to actually play instead of spending all my time exploring and mining and dreaming of the stuff I'll build someday. :)