what mods to install?

T

traso

Hello i'm planning a 1.7.10 server with a custom modpack but i'm interesting in expanding it, the pack has a realism/tech theme but magic isn't banned i.e. vanilla mechanics or the TE tesseract also i would like to know what major things the mods add and what configs i should look for i.e. railcraft hidden block

if you could reccomend me useful server mods for permissions/claiming that'd be great :p

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
For somewhat realistic tech, I would highly recommend rotarycraft and it's addons. Just be aware that you can't change the recipes for any of their items (it's disallowed by the mod author, Reika). It adds some really powerful tools and machines, such as 5x ore multiplication and a deforestation device that can remove entire forests, but it's made in such a way that you can't just rush in, craft 20 of the cheapest engines and be done with it. You'll have to progress through it. In a somewhat realistic tech pack Mekanism could also fit, just be aware that it's power gens overpower everything else quite easily if you don't nerf them quite a bit.

T

traso

i will see what mekanism does and tweak the generators if needed thanks for the info

i already have rotarycraft :p while i won't disable machines, i might disable the laser destruction because it can reach large distances