What mods have Ore Processing and how much?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What mods have ore processing, and how much of a multiplier do they offer?

(If you're about to respond to this thread with a self-righteous rant about how ore processing is ruining minecraft and is basically creative, please just keep it to yourself or post it somewhere else?)

Multipliers I'm aware of:

Applied Energistics 2: x 1.8
Tinkers Construct: x 2
Immersive Engineering: x 2
Thaumcraft: x 2.1
Hydraulicraft: x 2.5
Thermal Expansion: x 3
Factorization: x 3
Tinkers Steelworks: x 3
Thaumic Tinkerer: x 3
Witching Gadgets: x 3
Ender IO: x 3
Engineers Toolbox: x 3
Mekanism: x 5
Rotarycraft: x 5.1
Technomancy: x 8
Ztones: x 9

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
RotaryCraft has 3x multiplication available reasonably early game, and approx. 5.1x with byproducts available for some things later on. Although RoC's extractor can go up to 13x if I remember correctly for certain ores, like nether redstone and nether lapis.

Oh, and Mek is flat 5x, not counting all the reagents consumed (which can be derived from cobblestone and water).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft initially is x3 from the grinder very early game. Then 1.5^4=5.0625 once an extractor is built which is roughly what you have. However, the extractor can and should be upgraded with a bedrock drill which makes the chance of doubling the first stage 100%. This increase the ore yield to 2*1.5^3 = 6.75.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Factorization is 3x.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Ex Nihilo smashing is like what? x 1.1 multiplier? I rarely seem to get very much more ingots than ores put in.

What's IC2Exp's max multiplier when using the washer and centrifuge?

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I disagree with the notion that the Thermal Expansion ore multiplier is x 3.

To get that x3, you need either rich slag or cinnabar. Lets focus on rich slag to keep the argument simple:
To get rich slag, you need to induction-smelt the ores and you have a chance to get the slag. Not only that, but if you induction-smelt your ores you sacrifice the extra output you get from pulverizing instead. This allows for some choices, for example; I usually don't need the extra lead or silver, so I induction-smelt those ores.

You can get a higher rich slag output with pyrotheum, (and you could get infinite amounts of that with a lot of effort) but it still isn't a 100% rich slag output. And even if you get a 100% rich slag output, you'd still need to sacrifice some ores to use in combination with the pyrotheum to use the rich slag on some other ores.

I guestimate to total multiplier in the end is closer to x 2.2.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt ztones just a decorative mod?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

I thought so too but apparently it adds a somewhat contentious item which can change diamond ore blocks into a block of diamonds and works the same on vanilla ores as well.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sure does strike me as broken even compared to other "OP" mods and wildly out of place given that the mod is an awesome aesthetic mod.

Disclaimer: No mod is "OP" but we all have our ideas of what is a fair reward for effort and anything above that threshold we call "OP" for simplicity. I am not inviting one of those long back and forths on OP, reality in Minecraft, etc.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sure does strike me as broken even compared to other "OP" mods and wildly out of place given that the mod is an awesome aesthetic mod.

Disclaimer: No mod is "OP" but we all have our ideas of what is a fair reward for effort and anything above that threshold we call "OP" for simplicity. I am not inviting one of those long back and forths on OP, reality in Minecraft, etc.
No, it's op.
9x from dungeon loot extremely broken.
Subjectivity has it's limits, there is a certain level where some things are unanimous.
If I wrote a mod that lets you shit diamonds every hour and piss a block of UU every 30 seconds at a whimm I don't think many people would say that was balanced.

Things are only subjective when there isn't much difference between things. An apple is not better tasting then an orange. But a packed ball of corn and nut filled shit will almost certainly be a poor choice of snack in comparison to an orange.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
It would be okay if the dungeon loot were just a component of some really end-game machine (with the component acting to have the player look for dungeons rather than just mine - although a quarry would probably find some anyways), with said machine overall having massive resource cost to make and massive power/fuel/magic consumption to operate (and possibly be really slow).

Considering it's supposed to be an aesthetic mod, I think that tool would be better if it simply transformed an ore into a block that looks like the resource block, but is not the actual block. When said block is put in a crafting table, the output would be the original ore block rather than 9 [resource].

Also, another one to add to the list: Ender IO's SAG Mill. Its output depends on the type of ore, but many ores, including most metals, are doubled with a chance of a secondary product. However, if you use dark steel grinding balls, the primary output increases by 50%, while the secondary output increases by 100%. Thus, on average, you will triple most of your ores with the SAG Mill. Certain ores are even better than that, while some perform worse than your typical ore doubling machine and/or Fortune III enchantment.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
That question is a bit difficult to answer for Gregtech.
Oreprocessing.png

Basicly it is about 2,5x with exception for iron ore that can reach 3x. Ores with Gold, Silver, Nickel or Copper byproduct can reach 3,74x spread over 3 or more different materials.

Reactions: SpitefulFox