What mods do you enjoy messing with?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since I got the portal gun, I tend to go around at night and picking the mobs up and throwing them into the air. I did this with the gravity gun and now I tend to shoot the mobs into portals to make them go flying. Don't know why I like doing this, but it is quite enjoyable. What random things do you like to do with the mods?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I like the portal gun too. Put 2 portals on the ground next to each other and drop a chicken (or ocelot/cat) in one. Perpetual motion machine.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Portal gunning mobs using a moon portal is fun, but I still find it more fun to practice my archery on them (which I've gotten fairly good at).

Besides that, though, I try and systematically go through the list of mods when I get finished with my current major tasks, and try them out. Today, though, it's storage fixing time!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization-wrath igniter. People freak when their houses revert to cobblestone

Yeah, most people don't like it when they get griefed ("A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players.").

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I've never done it to anyone persay, but ive had it happen to me and it was interesting/funny until it caught the wood planks on fire and killed me.

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to get a portal gun by getting a nether start and blablabla, but I found one in a chest and love it!! Its so useful and I carry it literally everwhere! You can insta kill mobs, teleport mobs, grab like everthing! SO COOL!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I live under a friend on a server who always threatens to nuke me, so I think I may cause infinite amounts of flux. So I guess it'd be thaumcraft, though I've never gotten into it.

How does one "thaum", and dump massive amounts of flux into the world?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
To be a complete ass and ruin the aura simply do the following steps.
1. Throw lots of stuff into the crucible, the more aspects and concentration of the aspects the better.
2. Make sure the combo you threw in did not form a valid recipe.
3. Right Click with wand.
4.???
5. Run like hell and never look back.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it can be easier. Make a igneous extender make cobblestone, then make the cobble drop into a crucible, and have a turtle constantly activate it with a wand.

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
I would say steve carts and railcraft ;p but I haven't gotten heavily into them as they can be resource hungry. But I really enjoy the youtubers who do allot with those two. Then next would be thaumcraft.

As far as random things, I plan on making a million 9x9x9 tunnels through my world =P

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
I live under a friend on a server who always threatens to nuke me, so I think I may cause infinite amounts of flux. So I guess it'd be thaumcraft, though I've never gotten into it.

How does one "thaum", and dump massive amounts of flux into the world?

Get a crucible, and have either netherrack 2 blocks down with fire right beneath it, or lava underneath it. Then, fill it with a bucket of water. After you see the water in it bubbling, throw as much random stuff in as you can, and have it be a variety. Bones, Wool, Redstone, Netherrack, Cobble, Dirt, even Iron or some other, Glass, Boats, Chests, Rubber, Slime Balls, Torches, Water Buckets, everything. As much of everything as you can possibly spare. Then, use your wand of the apprentice and right click on the crucible. Bam, MASSIVE amount of aspects dumped in the air to create flux.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Get a crucible, and have either netherrack 2 blocks down with fire right beneath it, or lava underneath it. Then, fill it with a bucket of water. After you see the water in it bubbling, throw as much random stuff in as you can, and have it be a variety. Bones, Wool, Redstone, Netherrack, Cobble, Dirt, even Iron or some other, Glass, Boats, Chests, Rubber, Slime Balls, Torches, Water Buckets, everything. As much of everything as you can possibly spare. Then, use your wand of the apprentice and right click on the crucible. Bam, MASSIVE amount of aspects dumped in the air to create flux.
I think that need wand charge for that. Just a little bit per item, but too many items and an aprentice wand won't be enough. I also think that the crucible overflows at a certain point.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
It overflows but never spills. I just dumped a BUNCH of stuff in with the right aspects to get Nitor, though I ended up with WAAAAAAAAY too many of them. That's part of the reason for my Flux problem atm :x

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics.
When it comes to bringing your base together it is simply the best, being able to combine the immensely powerful combination of both fully-integrated storage and instant teleportation of that storage anywhere within your network. Plus, the fact that it requires a non-trivial amount of power and resources makes it feel slightly less like magic free item transportation, (like RP2 and BC) and more like a real automation system. They also make its implementation more interesting, since it's not basically free. :p