What mods do you add to Agrarian Skies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I add in dart craft for the OPness of time torches... :p And technomany for node creation and blood magic assistance. Im even possibly thinking of adding IC2 just for the overclocked macerators and furnaces. Having 50 pulverizers running at once is not fun.

Reactions: theflogat

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
None.
Its Agrarian Skies.
The challenge was in completing it with the mods presented. Trying something different as a result. Not making myself comfortable.

Reactions: Museli

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
As a matter of preference, I wouldn't add anything. Agrarian Skies defines its own style, which includes specific limitations and also new possibilities. If you add anything, it's not Agrarian Skies anymore. Having said that, I might be tempted to add mods that help me deal with things I generally hate to deal with, but only once I've proven to myself that I can do it with no help from "outside".

Reactions: Museli and Pyure

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ArmorStatusHUD, so I know how much durability my armor and tools have left and how much of a certain item I have in my inventory
StatusEffectHUD so I know what potion effects I have without having to open my inventory
WorldStateCheckpoints as I like that mod better then the current backup mod provided with the pack

I am thinking of starting a new world with Agrarian Skies with some more new mods... I know Agrarian Skies it meant to be played as it is, but I've kind of burned out with that but I do really love the playing style of Agrarian Skies. so I hope by adding some new mods will make it a bit more fun for me again

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
A friend and myself did create an alternate modpack, based on AgS, but with world generation enabled. The rule was, no cobblegen. Which is an interesting twist as quarries / automatic mining needs to supply the needed materials.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
A friend and myself did create an alternate modpack, based on AgS, but with world generation enabled. The rule was, no cobblegen. Which is an interesting twist as quarries / automatic mining needs to supply the needed materials.
That's a rather drastic change, don't you think, given that almost half of all resource gathering in Agrarian Skies is based on cobblegen. It may be one of the less realistic mechanics of Minecraft, but IMO it's part of Agrarian Skies' appeal to create a world basically from nothing.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
That's a rather drastic change, don't you think, given that almost half of all resource gathering in Agrarian Skies is based on cobblegen. It may be one of the less realistic mechanics of Minecraft, but IMO it's part of Agrarian Skies' appeal to create a world basically from nothing.

It was interesting in that, the ex nihilo mechanic creates material from nothing - but there are consequently infinite resources available. While engaged in our AgS / ex nihilo games, it was interesting to see if we could actually match the prodigious requirements of the AgS HQM with non ex nihilo techniques.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
It was interesting in that, the ex nihilo mechanic creates material from nothing - but there are consequently infinite resources available. While engaged in our AgS / ex nihilo games, it was interesting to see if we could actually match the prodigious requirements of the AgS HQM with non ex nihilo techniques.
I see. I recall this quest "create one octuple-compressed cobblestone". Sounds so innocuous if you don't know what this means. I mean it's just one block, right? It's actually not that hard to complete in a regular world, just a little time-consuming, but I wouldn't want to do this in a regular world since I wouldn't like how the world looks after it has been completed.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I recall this quest "create one octuple-compressed cobblestone". Sounds so innocuous if you don't know what this means. I mean it's just one block, right? It's actually not that hard to complete in a regular world, just a little time-consuming, but I wouldn't want to do this in a regular world since I wouldn't like how the world looks after it has been completed.

exactly.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I always add PickItUp to all the packs I play, but as co-author I'm kind of expected to...

Last edited:

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about starting a new playthrough adding either mekanism or enderio, just so I had a furnace that didn't take 6 months to smelt things (I love TE, but if I have any other options I only use the pulverizer for recipes only it has, and I don't use redstone furnaces.) I'd want to enable the Extra Utilities nodes, too, because I'm not interested in setting up a couple hundred igneous extruders to get octuple-compressed cobble.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I add in dart craft for the OPness of time torches... :p And technomany for node creation and blood magic assistance. Im even possibly thinking of adding IC2 just for the overclocked macerators and furnaces. Having 50 pulverizers running at once is not fun.

Always add Technomancy :p

Sent from my Wireless Essentia Coil

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I totally didn't use a dupe glitch to complete this quest