What mods disable Crevasse & Mineshaft WorldGen?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: What mods out there subtly disable Crevasse and Mineshaft worldgen?

I am using the following mods (amongst many others):
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • Ars Magica 2
  • Thaumcraft 4
  • Mariculture
  • Project Red
I have checked on Reddit and, according to a BOP Dev directly, Biomes OPlenty does NOT (and never has) supressed Worldgen of Crevasses and Mineshafts. So I suppose we can strike that off the list, but that leaves me even more stumped.

I've gone for tens of thousands of blocks in all directions and I have never run across a single crevasse. All of the mining I have done has so far yielded ZERO mineshafts, and I only run across a SINGLE monster spawner (which was completely surrounded and encased by stone. While mining underground at ANY Y-Level, I only find extremely small 'air pockets' dotted about the landscape, all no longer than 20 or 30 blocks.

Can anyone out there help me track down exactly what's going on?

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge none of the listed mods do, I use all of those and have encountered both, could just be the random number gods hate you, it happens sometimes.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen nor heard of the behavior you're describing. Which pack are you you seeing it with?
This is a pack of my own devising.

I've been going over various configuration files and have narrowed the suspect down to MARICULTURE. It has a configuration setting that disables Mineshafts in Ocean biomes. It also has a setting for automatically filling crevasses under the Ocean with water. If I disable BOTH of these settings and start up a new map using the same seed as my SSP, I get TONS of crevasses and mineshafts again. I have repeated this several times with the settings disabled AND enabled.

So.. Mariculture is the culprit!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

I've been going over various configuration files and have narrowed the suspect down to MARICULTURE. It has a configuration setting that disables Mineshafts in Ocean biomes. It also has a setting for automatically filling crevasses under the Ocean with water. If I disable BOTH of these settings and start up a new map using the same seed as my SSP, I get TONS of crevasses and mineshafts again. I have repeated this several times with the settings disabled AND enabled.

That would explain it. I've never bothered with Mariculture.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

That's unusual unless you're digging near an ocean biome, I've never encountered that issue before.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Something must be different about your setup... The only thing those settings ever have an issue with is ATG(but even then, it just causes severe lag). BOP, Vanilla worlds all handle it fine. On normal Forge, it literally does what it says on the tin... And only affects those in ocean biomes, otherwise it just reverts to the vanilla handler for them. Never had the issue of finding them outside of oceans myself...

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Captain? What are crevasses?
tumblr_myyo9tdUV21qm4tuko5_250.gif

Reactions: kaiomann

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, yes. Crevice, Ravine, Crevasse, etc etc. (I actually didn't realize that Crevasse was ice / glacier specific, interesting!)

Joshie, Mariculture is treating me well beyond this one oddity so I am not complaining, it is just a strange situation to say the least. I've replicated it with my mod pack setup over and over, so it is definitely not just an issue of a 'bad seed' used for map generation. I am wondering if it is some defective interaction between Mariculture & BOP, based upon the version of BOP I'm using?

I'll keep digging and see if I can narrow down exactly what is going on.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

What versions are you running? Because I have Mariculture with both those values true and have gotten both mineshafts and ravines with the resonant rise modpack.

Reactions: RedBoss

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Forge 953 (Minecraft 1.6.4, of course)
Mariculture-1.6.x-v1.1.4e
BiomesOPlenty-universal-1.6.4-1.1.3.308

Things that I also have installed that alter worldgen in 'some way':
- CoFHCore-2.0.0.0 (WorldGen)
- Natura_mc1.6.x-2.1.14 (WorldGen)
- ProjectRed_1.6.4-4.2.2.16 (Ore / Resources.. I have all 6 modules installed)
- PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-7 (WorldGen)
- MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.4-255 (Ore / Resources)
- ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.0 (Ore)
- NetherOres-2.2.0-6 (Ore.. but this 'should' be Nether-only)
- Railcraft_1.6.4-8.3.10 (Ore / Resources)
- Buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.0 (Ore / Resources)
- Evoc_1.0.0a (Alters vanilla rules somehow, but I'm a little lost on how..)
- TwilightForest-1.20.3 (Should only add it's own dimension, and the portal recipe to access it.. in theory shouldn't touch the overworld)
- Mekanism-v5.6.0.639 (3 parts. This adds Ore)
- Chisel-1.6.4-1.5.0fix (Resources)
- DartCraft 0.2.14 (Ore / Worldgen)

So... I've got numerous other mods but those are the ones off the top of my head that alter worldgen in the Overworld in 'any way' that I can think of (adds ore, adds a new tree type, a new stone type like Marble, whatever). Only settings I have changed back and forth in my settings however... is the Mineshaft / Crevice settings within Mariculture's config files.

(shrug) I'm not sure. I fixed it.. and I can keep it from happening again, so I'm a happy camper.