What mod packs should i play with 2gb of ram?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSkullKid24, May 26, 2017.

1. So i used to play mod packs back in the day and they ran fine but i guess i had a better laptop back then, anyways now i'm using an everyday laptop until i can fix my desktop and play whatever i want. So i have 4GB of ram on this laptop but i only use about 2GB so i'm wondering if they're any mod packs that can be played on a light computer. Sky Factory 3 is alright, it's boring to play alone i would much rather play with someone but i think you gotta pay for a server and i'm just not in the spot to be paying for one. But if you can create a free server for Sky Factory 3 or already have one and wouldn't mind letting me play, let me know. I know how to create my own mod packs that i can run but it's just not as fun because i don't entirely know what mods i should get, and a few other things. One last thing, for some reason i load up mod packs and create them with a Twitch app. I honestly don't know how i got it. Is this FTB forge or something else that for some odd reasons let's me use mod packs. (I downloaded minecraft forge a while back so i don't remember if i used twitch to load up mod packs when i first downloaded it)

2. MrMonsterGuy18

MrMonsterGuy18 Well-Known Member

Most 1.7.10 packs can be easily run on 2 gigs, but I don't know of any 1.10.2 modpacks that can. If you tried to download the FTB launcher from the main page it will download the twitch launcher.

3. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

See, I had a lot of trouble with 1.7.10 packs too - I had to stop at 1.6.4 packs with my potato of a laptop (which had 3 GB of RAM, so not surprising), unless they were custom-made lightweight packs run straight off the vanilla launcher! You'll find there is even a disclaimer somewhere that says most 1.10.2 packs now require at least 4 GB of RAM, so you may be out of luck friend.