What mod items would you like to see a return in 1.8.9?

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
What are some modded items from other mods, or just in general would you like to see in 1.8.9? It can't be from mods that are confirmed to be either updating or already updated to 1.8.9.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
This one takes too much homework...
I'd say the builders guide from OpenBlocks but I don't know if they have announced anything.
Perhapse also the hang glider as that's really gonna synergise well with the Thaumcraft grapple focus, as it sling shots you if you use it in a certain way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, ignoring the "getting updated" part, especially since you'd have to check for specific items/functionality.

Warding focus (or equivalent make-non-tile-entity-wither-proof device)
Carpenter's Slope
Painted Glowstone (EnderIO) or Carpenter's Block with glowstone (re-skinnable light source)
Portal Gun
Ender Storage and/or Tesseracts (free cross-dimensional transfer)
multipart pipes, like EnderIO conduits
ME Drive and Crafting Terminal (the rest of AE2 would be a nice bonus)
Mana Enchanter, Osmotic Enchanter or any other means of choosing your enchantments
some form of fully automatic mob spawning+killing
Compacting Drawers
something like Steve's Factory Manager to allow many different means of access to a single block/block face and doesn't require 3+ block spaces for a simple item condition (looking at you AE2 Level Emitter!)
Bags, backpacks or the like, bonus points for Ender Pouches keeping your items safe even if they are destroyed
The TiCon redstone glove
Any decently endgame-capable (at least max enchanted diamond level) "multi-tool" that combines several vanilla tools
Botania sashes and magnet ring
Last Stand enchantment

I think that covers most of the "stupid OP gimmicks" and "lazy solutions" ;)

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, ignoring the "getting updated" part, especially since you'd have to check for specific items/functionality.

Warding focus (or equivalent make-non-tile-entity-wither-proof device)
Carpenter's Slope
Painted Glowstone (EnderIO) or Carpenter's Block with glowstone (re-skinnable light source)
Portal Gun
Ender Storage and/or Tesseracts (free cross-dimensional transfer)
multipart pipes, like EnderIO conduits
ME Drive and Crafting Terminal (the rest of AE2 would be a nice bonus)
Mana Enchanter, Osmotic Enchanter or any other means of choosing your enchantments
some form of fully automatic mob spawning+killing
Compacting Drawers
something like Steve's Factory Manager to allow many different means of access to a single block/block face and doesn't require 3+ block spaces for a simple item condition (looking at you AE2 Level Emitter!)
Bags, backpacks or the like, bonus points for Ender Pouches keeping your items safe even if they are destroyed
The TiCon redstone glove
Any decently endgame-capable (at least max enchanted diamond level) "multi-tool" that combines several vanilla tools
Botania sashes and magnet ring
Last Stand enchantment

I think that covers most of the "stupid OP gimmicks" and "lazy solutions" ;)
There is a unofficial Botania port to 1.8.9 and Storage Drawers has a version for 1.8.9 so those don't count