What is your favorite mod and whats mods do you want to see added to ftb

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Can you set that up to auto switch with other mod tools, like the Diamond Drill? I don't carry any picks once I get to that point.

Yup! Just tested this. Nano-saber and chainsaw also auto-switch, although the chainsaw won't act like a sword, just an axe. Small little bug I'm gonna report: Sickle switches when you attack leaves, but if you attack grass it stays as your fist. :(

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Until Liquiducts, I'd have said Valve Pipes was the mod I miss the most, particularly when piping steam around.

I do still miss the insertion pipe from ABO. That thing was dead useful for automating bee products.

The only mod I'm patiently waiting for right now is Modern Warfare, which is pretty much a Forge port of SDK's Guns mod, minus a few things that didn't need to be included. I'm trying to find a decent gun mod that doesn't suck that is Forge compatible for the current version. The only one that comes close is Ferullo's, and that one has WAY too many guns. Maybe SimpleGuns will do the job, I dunno. I just find it odd that I can make mining lasers, quantum suits, and anti-gravity... but I can't make a gun. There tends to be a dearth of ranged weapons included in mods, and this is a gap I hope to fill with one of these.

GrayPlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody has mentioned yet, and it's a complete and utter pipe dream for it ever being included in FtB, but...

The Aether.
On the other hand, Aether is being rebuilt from the ground up to support 1.4.5, and I believe it's Forge compatible. If this could be added in, that'd be pretty awesome as an alternative.
Just correcting you that nobody mentioned it. I actually suggested that too, and it will be Forge SMP capable. They're also introducing a new Mounting API for riding animals, so that's there. All it would take is just permission from Shockah and the others, and it'd be good to go. It just depends on whether Slowpoke wants to include it. I'm waiting on the release and I'll test it out on my own client first to make sure there's no major issues besides maybe ID conflicts in most major mods -- I've got twice the amount of mods in my client as FTB currently has (beta pack A, anyways). If that's the case, then yeah, permissions are the only wall to get past.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to say a mod that I just found out about today and I know it is not finished yet (No crafting recipe's or reload button) but Ferullo's Guns Mod is looking so promising for the future so ya that's my suggestion for now.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower2
Though my take on Eloraam herself is rather questionable and would probably have the staff come down on me harder than a sumo wrestler.

(I mean really, how long are you going to call it a Pre-Release...)

Reactions: Creeper Be Creepin

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Right now i am really liking charge pads and i know some don't like it but my entire floor in my machines room is made out of hv-chargepads and another mod that i like and that slowpoke wants to put in the magic pack.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would have to say a mod that I just found out about today and I know it is not finished yet (No crafting recipe's or reload button) but Ferullo's Guns Mod is looking so promising for the future so ya that's my suggestion for now.
Eesh, too feeping many options, too many guns with very little to show for it.

Simple Guns is okay, only about eight guns all told, but an interesting crafting system. Much better gun mod, in my opinion.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It can be called pre release as long as she don't feel that it is good enough to be a released product.

Knowing that mods are nearly always under development, it's safe to assume that actually every mods are "pre release", but meh.