What is your favorite mod and whats mods do you want to see added to ftb

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
A complete and utter pipe dream, I'm sure, but I'd like to see TerraFirma Craft integrated into a proper tech tree instead of just an unending search for longer lasting metals.
Ya! In fact a dued on the forums (Zandorum on TFC forums) is working on making TFC and Thaumcraft compatible. After getting that done I'm sure the rest would be easy(minus EBXL).

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Favorite Mod: I dislike picking favorites, because each of them has something I truly enjoy, from barrels and routers to portable holes, boilers, loaders, carts, computers, linking books, fusion reactors, refineries, bees and dozens of other brilliant toys I'm regretfully leaving out. But overall, for style, brains and brawn in a complete package, Thermal Expansion takes my vote - and it just keeps getting better. I predict the next iteration of RP to share that pedestal.

Can't compare: TC3 is truly in a class of its own, and is somewhat difficult to lump in with the others. Equally fav'd, for different reasons.

Missing: Additional Pipes. Not a big deal that it is, adding mods is trivial.

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-11292012-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/
Balkon's Weapon Mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-144145forge-balkons-weaponmod-v110-new-cannon-model/
Altriacraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1550513-145forge-altriacraft-100a1-wip/

... although Metallurgy as it exists right now would need a very particular config set up to be acceptable alongside the other ftb mods, as the default settings don't have sufficient vanilla ore spawning for the mods. Hopefully Metallurgy 3 will be easier to use out of the box with Feed the Beast.

... the great thing about the two weapon mods is that they are not doing the same thing. Altriacraft is swordsmithing, Balkons is everything else that works with the setting.

Reactions: StarLiner

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Ya! In fact a dued on the forums (Zandorum on TFC forums) is working on making TFC and Thaumcraft compatible. After getting that done I'm sure the rest would be easy(minus EBXL).

I watched the videos for TFC and decided I wasn't interested at all. I play the game to build cool stuff not simulate reality.

A combo with thaumcraft, OTOH, might be interesting enough to try.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
To each their own :).

Balkon's weapons mod not only has massive community support, Balkon himself has shown interest in seeing his mod in the pack, something he doesn't normally do. Even going so far as to contact slowpoke directly about it. Balkon has said he never got a reply back, and the devs haven't even acknowledged him or the mod. There was one person who rose a bit of a stink about it, and came off as a bit overly hostile, but it really would be nice to have some words from the devs one way or another.
I would love to see balkon's weapons mod it is a very fun mod to play with[DOUBLEPOST=1355756279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Metallurgy: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-11292012-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/
Balkon's Weapon Mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-144145forge-balkons-weaponmod-v110-new-cannon-model/
Altriacraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1550513-145forge-altriacraft-100a1-wip/

... although Metallurgy as it exists right now would need a very particular config set up to be acceptable alongside the other ftb mods, as the default settings don't have sufficient vanilla ore spawning for the mods. Hopefully Metallurgy 3 will be easier to use out of the box with Feed the Beast.

... the great thing about the two weapon mods is that they are not doing the same thing. Altriacraft is swordsmithing, Balkons is everything else that works with the setting.
Metallurgy is a very nice mod and adds so many new tools to the game but I would also like to see the swords++ mod I don't know if updated

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes.

For me it removes the tedium and allows for massive and fun to build intelligent networks.

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy is a very nice mod and adds so many new tools to the game but I would also like to see the swords++ mod I don't know if updated

Altriacraft is the same thing as swords+ I believe. Check it out. It is for the most recent version of minecraft, but is a WIP. Unfortunately, it looks like StarshadesJack is on hiatus, so his mod may not get finished in any kind of reasonable time frame. Oh well.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
My experience with mods is really slim but after dealing with FTB, I'd have to say Thermal Expansion... It's really compact with smart machines and well... I just love it.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
My experience with mods is really slim but after dealing with FTB, I'd have to say Thermal Expansion... It's really compact with smart machines and well... I just love it.
Yes TE is very nice and it is very nice to just set your machines down and not worry about any pipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1355806067][/DOUBLEPOST]
Favourite mod?
Hard to say; but it's probably MineLP or Better then Wolve

What do I want to see added?
(not a mod yet), but some anvil physics would be nice- so they can be launched with TNT as one naturally expects them to function.
Yes anvil phsics would be nice but if im not mistaken you can already launch anvils in vanila minecraft

LimpLungs

Jul 29, 2019
Any mod that adds more ores and more machines. I like setting up giant systems and having more types of insane amounts of ores in my chest. Anxious for Xycraft and Redpower, and would perhaps be interested in Metallurgy, but I haven't ever looked at it yet. Just seen advertising!

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower is just so amazing and has saved my life with gates so im just waiting on Elo for that one. it is just the best mod and probaly the most useful and my favorite

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
Can’t say I have a single favourite but a combined Industrialcraft and Buildcraft. As for what I would like to see in the pack is logistics pipes which from what I understand will be in when they are updated.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Yes TE is very nice and it is very nice to just set your machines down and not worry about any pipes.

My only problems with TE are that the new liquiducts require a redstone signal to turn on the sucking ability (and gates can't be used on them) and that I can't use facades to hide the pipes and ducts, so no well hidden piping when I use them :(

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Favorite, I can't really say. The whole mod pack is really just awesome in my opinion. I really like the challenge greg tech adds, so you just don't go crazy with IC2. But honestly there's a mod I just recently learned of that (I think looks really neat) is called trains and zeppelins. Would make game play very interesting in my opinion.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Any mod that adds more ores and more machines. I like setting up giant systems and having more types of insane amounts of ores in my chest. Anxious for Xycraft and Redpower, and would perhaps be interested in Metallurgy, but I haven't ever looked at it yet. Just seen advertising!
Yes Xycraft sounds like a very nice mod and I cannot wait for Redpower but ya you have a very good idea with metallurgy as it sounds like a very nice mod and for me personally I would love to see Direwolf20 play with and us to

Kynrasian

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose my avatar gives away my favourite mod.

As for ones I'd like to see in FTB, any mod that adds guns. All of that Industrial/Nuclear/Technological/Technomagical super-poweredness and nothing to arm your guards with but a pickaxe lightshow? For shame.

GrayPlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
So, after looking at some of the posts from other users, I have to acknowledge, I agree with a lot of the suggestions that have been made since my post (or even some of the ones prior that I just didn't look at until now).

Metallurgy looks pretty beautiful, so that's definitely a really good idea. And it's already supported in 1.4.5 through Forge, so all you'd need is just the author's permission.

Thermal Expansion definitely adds a lot more fun technology to the game. It's different enough from IC2 and even GregTech's machines that it wouldn't really cause too much redundancy, but adds even more possibilities to the pack -- which I'll elaborate on at the end of my post.

Logistic Pipes adds a lot more potential to Buildcraft just like the Additional Pipes extension, so both are worth adding imho. In my eyes, any major extension to an existing mod (i.e. Buildcraft) should be included with it. After all, GregTech was included and just adds on to IC2, and Forestry essentially just extends a bridge between IC2 and Buildcraft. Both are worthwhile.

Finally, yeah, weapons are definitely lacking. There's still some toys to play with like dynamite, the weapons from Twilight Forest, etc., but I'd definitely say that Balkon's Weapon Mod and something like Altriacraft or Swords++ are worth adding. At least Balkon's, as it gives a lot of other possibilities.

I'd say now though, outside of the mods that are already going to be added (RP2, EE3, Xycraft), that Metallurgy would be my top suggestion. I really like the vast amount of ores that adds. I know it just means you'll be mining forever, but that's one of the major appeals to Minecraft to me.