"What is Equivalent Exchange?"

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
EE2 was a disappointment unbalanced. You could have gotten Red Matter Armor in matter of a week in minecraft and also wearing Dark matter will probably kill you.

Pahimar Xeno forgotten what EE was about.

Alrighty, lets talk about EE3.
Where Pahimar knows where he is doing.
EE3 was based on FMA and FMA had rules with Alchemy.

Straight from the WIKI.

FMA

Alchemy -
  1. Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
  2. Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
  3. Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.
Equivalent Exchange -
  • The Law of Conservation of Mass, which states that energy and matter can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed to the point of elemental nonexistence. In other words, to create an object weighing one kilogram, at least one kilogram of material is necessary and destroying an object weighing one kilogram would reduce it to a set of parts, the sum of which would weigh one kilogram.
  • The Law of Natural Providence, which states that an object or material made of a particular substance or element can only be transmuted into another object with the same basic makeup and properties of that initial material. In other words, an object or material made mostly of water can only be transmuted into another object with the attributes of water.
  • Rebound
    Since the alchemical forces being manipulated are not human in origin, but of the world as a whole, the consequences for attempting to bypass the Law of Equivalent Exchange in transmutation are not merely failure and cessation. When too much is attempted out of too little, what occurs is called a Rebound, in which the alchemical forces that are thrown out of balance on either side of the equation fluctuate wildly of their own accord in order to stabilize themselves - taking or giving more than was intended in often unpredictable and catastrophic ways such as accidental mutation, serious injury or death.
Transmutation Circles/Arrays -
  • In order to begin an alchemical transmutation, a symbol called a Transmutation Circle is necessary. A Transmutation Circle can either be drawn on the spot when a transmutation is necessary (in chalk, pencil, ink, paint, blood or even traced in dirt) or permanently etched or inscribed beforehand, but without it, transmutation is generally impossible.
And some fucked up
Human Transmutation-

• Unfortunately, these experiments have given birth to a dark and sinister side of alchemy. Whether out of despair, malice or inquisitive hubris, several alchemists have been known to attempt the application of transmutation to human bodies and souls, in essence, playing god with human lives. But, just as the Law of Equivalent Exchange applies to the transmutation of non-living matter, devastating rebounds can occur in Human Transmutation because human lives and souls are priceless according to the flow of the world.

EE3

The Philosopher's stone - The stone is a illusion to Alchemist as it is said it can use alchemy without any cost making Human Transmutation possible. But in-truth, The Stone is filled with souls that are priceless. The stone in the anime was made by killing a whole country.

The Minium Stone - This stone have limited functions ,but like "The Philosopher's Stone" this stone can also "by-pass" the rules of Alchemy. It may break after a random amount of uses.

These two items will probably be harder to get in the future. Hopefully.
And if Pahimar is going with the FMA way EE3 will be balanced.

I might put another section with the Tome of Alkahestry later.

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
EE2 was a disappointment. You could have gotten Red Matter Armor in matter of a week in minecraft and also wearing Dark matter will probably kill you.
-snip-

You mean antimatter. Dark matter is a separate thing.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Well if my high school science is anything to go off, Dark Matter is like a million tons so... Wearing a suit of the stuff would prooobably turn you into a micropancake.

Reactions: Tornado3019

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, EE2 was Xeno, not Pahimar. Pahimar was simply it's caretaker and maintainer. EE3 is Pahi's, though.

Thanks for the correction.[DOUBLEPOST=1392077265][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well if my high school science is anything to go off, Dark Matter is like a million tons so... Wearing a suit of the stuff would prooobably turn you into a micropancake.
My point was that we know one for a fact, the other is just an educated guess. But, yes, it's possible for it to kill you.

From what I learned the difference between Dark matter and Anti-Matter is that Anti-matter is a counterpart of matter and Dark matter is matter that we can't see with our telescopes ,but we know it is there because of gravitational difference.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with Succubism here with the :
"You lost me at "EE2 was a disappointment".
Last time I played EE2 it was fun and I was entertained."

I'll grant that it did not , to me, have the replay value of other long lived mods but I enjoyed it immensely when I first discovered it.
You may want to reword your opening statement if you want the rest of your original post taken seriously. Your negative opinion
was stated so baldly and without foundation, I'm sad to report I couldn't bother reading the rest of the post.
Totally comes off as trolly comments :/.

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with Succubism here with the :
"You lost me at "EE2 was a disappointment".
Last time I played EE2 it was fun and I was entertained."

I'll grant that it did not , to me, have the replay value of other long lived mods but I enjoyed it immensely when I first discovered it.
You may want to reword your opening statement if you want the rest of your original post taken seriously. Your negative opinion
was stated so baldly and without foundation, I'm sad to report I couldn't bother reading the rest of the post.
Totally comes off as trolly comments :/.
I'm fine with negative opinions. Straight up mod-bashing however, there I have a problem.

To be honest I used EE2 on a server I used to play back at Tekkit. It was lead mod to my advantage and nobody liked it where I talked about it on the Technic Forums.

EE2 is a fun mod but gets unbalanced when using it on a server.
Sorry if I disrupted your feelings.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I used EE2 on a server I used to play back at Tekkit. It was lead mod to my advantage and nobody liked it where I talked about it on the Technic Forums.

The reason people got mad is that you seemingly started a thread to bash on a mod. Not sure if that was your intent, but that was how everyone interpreted it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

My feelings were and are in tact regardless of your "disruption", it was your invalidating approach to articulating your own feelings that turned me from your point.

You don't need to tell me or anyone else that EE2 was imbalanced, we're all very much aware, however as I hope you're aware that doesn't detract at all from the playability or fun element that the mod possessed. That said I'm not surprised no-one likes to talk about it on the technic forums or any forum for that matter because some people choose not to use the mod and instead consider it "easy mode" however get annoyed when others reach the end-game status as they have by using EE2 as a shortcut. These people would given the choice take that ability away from other people for the sake of that, for lack of a better word, envy. Let's not sugarcoat.

Regardless, minecraft is a sandbox game and because of that I don't care if people prefer balance or the lack thereof. The player should be able to choose both without someone slapping that choice out of their hands.

More to the point, I don't think EE should be based on FMA regardless of it's initial intention. EE has gained enough traction and fame over it's duration to become it's own entity without having to ride on the coattails of something else. It has it's own functionality, it's own "lore" and it's own vision. What you see as straying from the path, I see as taking another direction. It's own direction.

Even if EE3 is just vaporware now.