What I can do with this house

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Applemacdan

Jul 29, 2019
Haiiiiiiiii. I was just... Em building my new basement in this server and log time ago i saw a great greatwood house with birch planks and i loved it.. Thing now is that i dont know i dont like the birch wood, I just want suggestions of what materials i should use isntead of it and the floor also... Its gonna be 3 floors and 2 Sub-Floors Heres Da House:
http://prntscr.com/6mpsac
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Oak Planks would give you less of a jarring colour change. Use Chisel and there are some cool textures too, my Infinity build in my sig the Blacksmith's shop is in a similar style(page 4)

Reactions: Padfoote

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oak Planks would give you less of a jarring colour change. Use Chisel and there are some cool textures too, my Infinity build in my sig the Blacksmith's shop is in a similar style(page 4)
Very much this. Chisel's "streaky planks" (I don't know the name) look REALLY nice IMO.

Also, glass, glass everywhere! (I am a sucker for glass) and a carpenters blocks roof :)

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Another vote for Chisel here too. Lets not forget there are several other mods (Included in TPPI and many other packs) that add great building materials. Railcraft, Natura, Tinkers Construct, Thaumcraft, Forestry, even Biomes O Plenty (Amber or Amethyst + RC: Abyssal = Awesome).