What happened to Modpack changelogs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Yo guys,

so it's been quite a while since I've last been playing minecraft. I've tried the unstable modpack for 1.8.9 and must say I like it.
But yesterday there was a pack update from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12, which makes me unable to play any world (new or old). So I'm wondering what they changed.

But I can't find any changelogs, what happened to the old clear, modlist and changelogs?

A

ArMoReDfUrY

I would also like the change logs.
I get that its a cutting edge pack with no support but please do a basic change log for just which mods you add or remove, then maybe we can support ourselves instead of re-downloading each version of the pack to see the changes you have made, its tedious and easily fixed with a basic log.

e.g.

-Version 3.0.11
Removed Tinkers construct
Removed Mantle
Added (insert random Mod)

small easy to write an read, no fancy config change log, that's all i need.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like the change logs.
I get that its a cutting edge pack with no support but please do a basic change log
Yeah exactly.
While I could understand it if they didn't make a changelog for "fixed sime id stuff" (or whatever) it would be nice to just get a rough list of mods or major configs that changed.
But then, FTB Infinity Evolved is the most-downloaded modpack. Why doesn't even that pack get changelogs?

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously would like changelogs for 1.8.9 Unstable or a small discussion for it, took me a few hours to figure out what was causing the game to lock up and die on me in just seconds after loading, for the last couple updates (was Hydcraft and that k4lib thing fyi)

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
They're kind of hidden, but if you go to the curse website for the pack in question and click on the files link, then click on the filename, it will show the details for it including the changelog. This of course depends on whoever is maintaining the pack to create useful changelogs; sometimes it's good, sometimes it's kind of vague.

A

ArMoReDfUrY

I have checked all sources for the logs and there are none.
there is a icon based list on the FTB site under Packs/FTB Unstable1.8.9/Files/ (pick a version).
this is not always accurate though.
Best way so far is to download the pack manually and compare the mods/configs, mind you it looks as though the configs have been cleaned up as of 3.0.14 and that can only be good.

Update on configs... 3.0.15 has set vanilla tools to be disabled. you might want to change that if your using progressive automation as it doesn't use Tinkers tools yet..
find the setting in /configs/charset/tweaks.cfg

Last edited:

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I think they forgot to disable that, as it was accidentally left as a default option.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Update on configs... 3.0.15 has set vanilla tools to be disabled. you might want to change that if your using progressive automation as it doesn't use Tinkers tools yet..
find the setting in /configs/charset/tweaks.cfg

LOL Kept wondering where my axes went..:D

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Was another update yesterday, 3.0.16, a lot more stable at least with Thaumcraft and Botania, I'm wondering though, I wanted to give PneumaticCraft and Hydraulicraft a try but don't think they are ready, whole lot of "wip" in them, anyone know of a tutorial or a let's play with these two mods?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Was another update yesterday, 3.0.16, a lot more stable at least with Thaumcraft and Botania, I'm wondering though, I wanted to give PneumaticCraft and Hydraulicraft a try but don't think they are ready, whole lot of "wip" in them, anyone know of a tutorial or a let's play with these two mods?
Who ported Botania to 1.8.9?