What Happend to my map?(Purple Decay)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

D3ad1

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know what happend , today i logged in on my server and went to my Farming world for the Quarry and the i spanw oni top of a very big hill, made about Purple blocks who grows permanently, i went to Creativ mode and pick up these blocks and it calld "Purple Decay", Pls help me what to do or why this happend? Can i Stop it and get my Machines back?
The world is made with Mystcraft, I wil Upload a screen where you can see it...
(maybe sorry for Bad english but im german)
And i hope it was the Right Thread to post itm, but i need help,
Thanks

Attachments

• 2012-11-23_13.32.35.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 206

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
You used Mystcraft and created an unstable world, the decay will take over and destroy the whole world.

Create a new stable world and all should be OK.

As for how to create stable worlds, I only wish I had the first clue :(

D3ad1

Jul 29, 2019
okay thanks... i made a new map and wil test it a few days,But does someone now how to make a stable world?

RustyC

Jul 29, 2019
If your machines turned to decay there is nothing you can do to get them back, sorry. Also, to create a stable world you have to write a descriptive book that has a a logical number of symbols for each catagory (i.e. small biomes, 3 different biomes, standard time, standard lighting, one sky colour, one fog colour, etc.) along with nothing greedy like dense ores. In essence, if the book is underwritten and the game has to add symbols itself, there will be corruption. Hope this helps, the wiki has a slightly better description but I didn't feel like copy-pasting.

D3ad1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay Thank you allot, yes the symbols was the problem i only added these wich i nedded like flat or dense ores,
But al my Forestry farms and quarry are gone,hm but Thank you guys alot!!
Thanks

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
cheat and change the config file so you'll never have decay or check on the mystcraft wiki, there is a bunch of stuff on there on how to create stable worlds. There are several rules and conditions that need to be met.

Thilerion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay Thank you allot, yes the symbols was the problem i only added these wich i nedded like flat or dense ores,
But al my Forestry farms and quarry are gone,hm but Thank you guys alot!!
Thanks

The dense ores symbol is probably the easiest way to get a world with a LOT of instability. Never use this symbol for world you actually want to use.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
You can disable the instability mechanic in the MystCraft config files, there is also a server command /myst-toggleworldinstability which can disable disable/enable instability in a specific age. Keep in mind if there is decay already present, it will continue to spread even after you disable the instability, but effects like spontaneous explosions, blindness, hunger, etc. will stop.

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, if you do disable instability and use Dense Ores, you immediately disqualify yourself from any remote possibility of claiming "legit".

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, if you do disable instability and use Dense Ores, you immediately disqualify yourself from any remote possibility of claiming "legit".
Just FYI, if you use coal coke in a iron furnace, thereby greatly extending what a single peice of coal can "cook" then you immediately disqualify yourself from any remote possibility of claiming "legit".

Yeah, right.

Please people, stop telling other people how they should play their game.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
So, if I disable instability in a dense ore age, then use the coal I gathered from there to create coke, then use that coke in a boiler to power some engines to smelt dust that I pulverized from silk touched ore gathered from the same dense ore age, does all the non-legitness cancel each other out making it legit? =P

I got a little lazy trying to stretch that run on sentence out further. =P

Also, this post was for comical value, since I have yet to get the dense ores symbol to materialize in my world without getting a notebook via creative mode =P

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, yeah I like that non-legitness canceling each other out. We'll have to run it by the minecraft legit council.

@Nosaj: Wow, sarcastic much? Instability is a balancing factor for Mystcraft, built into the mod for that purpose. My point was that if you purposefully BREAK a mod to make life easy, unless you are testing something, you might as well just turn on creative. If you want to use sense ores, use em. They were put there to be used, like coke ovens and macerators. Due to their extreme profitability, it just takes a pair of brass ones to use em without breaking the game first.

You may also notice that at no point did I actually tell the poster what he could or couldn't do.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
So what about people that disable creeper explosions? And those that set Gregstech on easy settings? They are as you say "purposefully BREAK a mod to make life easy".

Saying to people, "hey if you make it a bit harder for yourself, you may enjoy the game more", is one thing, but to say 'you immediately disqualify yourself from any remote possibility of claiming "legit".' is an attempt to impose your view of the game should be played onto others.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
Not jumping on either side of that debate, but again interjecting some of my own personal comedic ideas,

I suggest we up a creeper explosion to be on par with a nuke... That'd make things a lot more interesting... =P

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
crap, i've disabled greg cause i dont like it, does that mean i am not legit anymore >_<

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
This is required for a stable world.

• Not two of same symbols except fog, sky, clouds and sunset symbols. (adding multiple of these mix the colorurs)
  • The amount of biomes you must have depends on the biome controller.
    • Single biome = 1 biomes.
    • Tiny, small, medium, large and huge biomes = +3 biomes.
    • Checkerboard biomes = 2 biomes
  • No denseores or accelerated symbols.
  • No multiple biomecontroller, lightning, or time symbols
That should be all.

Reactions: MrAgle