What FPS do you get in the DW20 1.6 pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME RATE: 50-65fps

CPU: Intel i5 3570k (4.2Ghz)
RAM: 12GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2-way SLI
HD: HDD WD Green
RAM->FTB: 3GB

When I had set the Ram allocated to 1GB it got similar frame rates, but every few seconds would go down to 1 fps. Fixed when I increased the Ram

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Strubinator, that FPS is way too low for that hardware unless your in a very busy base. Chances are your system is using the integrated graphics in your CPU rather than 1 or both of the Nvidia cards. I have a 560 Ti and I never get less than 70 FPS and I have a weaker CPU.

Ps2K

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME RATE: 80-120

CPU: Core i7 3930 @ 3.2GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: 2x AMD 7850 1.5GB crossfire
HD: SSD
RAM->FTB: Just 2GB

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
OP why you no listen?? it's been said several times to make sure java is running off your GFX card and not integrated graphics... Nvidia control panel sometimes doesn't run java off the card...

FRAME RATE: 160

CPU: Core i5 3330 @ 3.2GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GT660
HD: 4GB RAM disk, to save write operations on SSD
RAM->FTB: 4GB

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Strubinator, that FPS is way too low for that hardware unless your in a very busy base. Chances are your system is using the integrated graphics in your CPU rather than 1 or both of the Nvidia cards. I have a 560 Ti and I never get less than 70 FPS and I have a weaker CPU.
I tend to get around 300 on vanilla. Peaks to around 70 sometimes. Definitely not using the integrated. 0.0W power usage.
Edit: Derp, had balanced on. Set to max FPS, get 90-120 now. Not that it matters though, I only have a 60Hz monitor.

Last edited:

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME RATE: Just installed the pack so I don't have anything built yet, but I'm averaging about 150fps running around a Biomes O Plenty forest, with a 64x64 texture pack on

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k quad core at 3.6Ghz
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz G. SKILL Ripjaws Series
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SuperClocked
HD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD

Red Anchorite

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've heard, allocating more than 3GB to your FTB client doesn't do much good. The -XX:MaxPermSize parameter is what gets the biggest boost for me. I bump it to 128M and things run a lot smoother.

Eric Lord

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME RATE: 20-45 FPS

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Asus branded NVidia GTX 750 Ti
HD: Seagate Baracuda 3TB

I stumbled onto this thread in the hopes of fixing my seemingly pitifully low FPS given my rig's specs.

I've tried all sorts of things to fix it but nothing I've done seems to help.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME RATE: 20-45 FPS

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Asus branded NVidia GTX 750 Ti
HD: Seagate Baracuda 3TB

I stumbled onto this thread in the hopes of fixing my seemingly pitifully low FPS given my rig's specs.

I've tried all sorts of things to fix it but nothing I've done seems to help.

Do you have 32 bit Java even installed?
Have you tried going into Task Manager and setting the Java process to High priority/affinity?
Have you made sure Java is running on your dedicated graphics card and not the integrated Intel one?
Have you checked temperatures on all your components to make sure nothing is overheating and throttling down?

Reactions: Padfoote

Eric Lord

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have 32 bit Java even installed?
Have you tried going into Task Manager and setting the Java process to High priority/affinity?
Have you made sure Java is running on your dedicated graphics card and not the integrated Intel one?
Have you checked temperatures on all your components to make sure nothing is overheating and throttling down?

All good questions...

- Java x64 is definitely being used.
- I have not tried changing the priority of Java in Task Manager but my CPU is no where near maxed out. I will try that though.
- My dedicated graphics card is disabled via the bios. This is a desktop machine. The motherboard is P8 Z77-V LX, if you're interested. My monitor is not even plugged into the on-board video port.
- All my temps are no where near over-heating. I've built this machine with heat management in mind.

I'm wondering if somehow the FTB launcher or java just doesn't know how to talk to my GPU properly to leverage it's full power.

Thanks for the quick reply.