What Do You Wish You Could Do Better in Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I consider myself 50% tech player, 40% jack of all trades (within tech mods) and 10% builder. I really wish I could build "prettier" structures.

What do you wish you could do better in MC?

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm the same as you Reddis - structures. Also, I wish I was better at thinking of clever methods of automation; mine are always very clunky and inefficient - and often only really half automated!

Reactions: Reddis

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm the same as you Reddis - structures. Also, I wish I was better at thinking of clever methods of automation; mine are always very clunky and inefficient - and often only really half automated!

This reply really hit close to home for me. There have been a few times that I've ripped everything up and replaced it in a more efficient manner, but lets be honest, I could do that, or I could start the next... oh look there is an energetic sheep..?! WTF is that?!

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Mine is also finishing buildings. I usually start a pack in a hobbit hole or a derp hut until I have sufficient resources to build a cool looking base.
I usually spend a few days building the 1st floor and maybe a basement, make is mob safe, then move in.
From this point I intend to finish building the structure and pretty up the outside so it looks as cool as the initial idea I had in my head but I almost never do.
From this point I usually get distracted by rebuilding my automations/machines to be more efficient and progressing further in the pack.
I will admit, I am loving the Direwolf20 Building Gadgets Copy paste tool and all the schematics that people have been posting around. This kind of side steps my issue of not completing the base facade since it pastes in completed and adds an extra layer of complexity to system building to work in/around the new pasted build.

Reactions: Reddis

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'd like to actually finish one of the adventures I start on.
Or maybe to actually finish the modpack I'm trying to make and do and...
*shrugs*

look, you've clicked my signature, you've seen what I've been toying with, picture if I actually had the skill to get it all the way to the end, and keep it intersting all the way, I'd probably have more likes.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I really wish I were better at vanilla styled sorting systems. IE I wish I could find something once I've put it 'away'.
I also know THAT feeling.

I also wish I was better with my peripheral awareness. I just keep getting creepered in the 1.12 pack I'm playing.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Plan stuff out properly.

With the amount of automation I do, ending up with everything clustered into a small space usually ends up with a sordid mass of cabling and like 1 frame per second.

B

BaconsTV

I wish that I just do better overall as no one watches my uploads ROFL!
However, I wish I dont overthink things and make them a little unnecessary complicated. Dreaming up far-fetched ideas and unable to really create them in game as I am not too good with all the "tech" type blocks and may miss something that does what I am looking for.
I get easily distracted before finishing one project off i'm half way through another
I wish I could do the finer details like using chisel and bits.

I wish that when I search for a Ingot and where it comes from on google that I would find out -.- Or understand why in JEI I see a burning bedrock with a % to give infinity dust and still I have no clue how to get it rofl :D:);)o_O

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Or understand why in JEI I see a burning bedrock with a % to give infinity dust and still I have no clue how to get it rofl :D:);)o_O
So I can help with this one! When you burn bedrock there's a chance for a grains of infinity to pop out while it's burning.

How do you set fire to bedrock (or netherrack, or anything)? A flint and steel! Or some sort of igniter ;)

D

darkstormshade

magic and building are my weak points, mostly magic. Something about thaumcraft, botania, etc. is hopelessly confusing or requires x, which i need y for, which is only made with z which i need for some other mod. As far as building I tend to drop nicer builds altogether in favor of something more efficient.