What do you want in a mod pack?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Actually... there was talk of making a sky island pack. Gotta figure out how to link in a tappatalk though.

Edit; figured it out I hope.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?threads/151451/

Essentially there are those of us that want a skyblock map but feel the exploration aspects of skyblocks wanting.
I figured this could be remedied by adding some more land masses to world gen.
Make ore gen in mid air and remove the metal production from ex nilio.
Also make dungeons spawn in mid air.

I mean if you are really strapped for ideas there's a juicy one. If you can figure out how to implement that decay idea that would be impressive. But it's not 100% nessesary.

Make a sky island pack.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Aetherpirate
T

tricia.hatt

You know I have become quite addicted to ae2... But I would love to see a mod pack with hqm quests... I have become addicted to project o zone and regrowth, maybe find a way to combine the 2?

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
Essentially there are those of us that want a skyblock map but feel the exploration aspects of skyblocks wanting.
I figured this could be remedied by adding some more land masses to world gen.
Make ore gen in mid air and remove the metal production from ex nilio.
Also make dungeons spawn in mid air.

There's the 'Fun World Gen' mod by Ted80, he even has multiple types of floating islands:
tsfpwMl.png

OhQoTfU.jpg

ahmed4455666

Jul 29, 2019
well what i said earlier that i'm just bored of every mod pack there because there is just too much overused mods like thaumcraft
&buildcraft &EnderIO &botania &Pam'sharvestcraft etc
we need some new mods to play with and explore
and if i found mods like thaumcraft for example in new modpack i tell myself i know what its all about.....
and only use useful stuffs like golems and let the rest of stuffs like focuses and nodes and alchemy
i just need something new to play with

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There's the 'Fun World Gen' mod by Ted80, he even has multiple types of floating islands:
tsfpwMl.png

OhQoTfU.jpg
Fun World Gen is not very configurable. Also it's not being maintained anymore.

My ideal world gen for my idea would need to be sparcer islands. Somewhere in the middle of skyblock and sky land. Like the largest peice of land would be 10-15 chunks in surface area 20 or so chunks apart. Maybe a super continent here and there with 50 chunks of surface area to play with or have dungeons generate on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Modpacks these days are too clusted up with one thing that makes me dissapointed... HQM (I am fine with the idea but why SO MANY people judt use HQM??)

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Reactions: JohnnyMayHymn

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Modpacks these days are too clusted up with one thing that makes me dissapointed... HQM (I am fine with the idea but why SO MANY people judt use HQM??)

An awful lot of authors seem to spend an extreme amount of time writing quests then gate progression through their quest book. I for one would prefer the quest book be something you move into at your leisure later game rather than being a vital "honey do" list. There are far too many packs where a world would be completley unplayable if a player lost and couldn't replace the quest book.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
An awful lot of authors seem to spend an extreme amount of time writing quests then gate progression through their quest book. I for one would prefer the quest book be something you move into at your leisure later game rather than being a vital "honey do" list. There are far too many packs where a world would be completley unplayable if a player lost and couldn't replace the quest book.
exactly.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
What I want in a mod pack, is a need to connect things with rails and have things in multiple biomes. I'd ideally like to see biome specific ore generation. Iron in the mountains, gold under the sea, Diamonds in deserts. Builcraft pipes with an eight block limit (except for structure pipes), so I have to use trains. No 'easy' flight. Mekanism's Jetpack is fine because hydrogen isn't something you can really make on the go, but it's not infinite flight. Angel ring should require blocks of Netherstars around a Dragons Egg, and unstable ingot blocks. IE very much beyond endgame. Tesseracts and Dimensional Transceivers can only transmit power, or link train tracks (for DimTrans). EnderIO Conduits with a maximum of 20 blocks unless facaded. Advanced Generators over Big Reactors. And MASSIVE Biomes. With Highlands generation. Logistics Pipes and Storage drawers, rather than AE2, AGAIN. Extra Utilities, but with the Ender Quarry disabled. And the Ender pump only available in the Nether. And just say NO to Galacticraft. But yes to Thaumcraft and the Twilight Forest. Forestry for the pretty trees, and Gendustry because F-bees. (And also Extra Trees and Bees because more trees.) Very low generation Roguelike dungeons. Because exploring a Roguelike with Thaumcraft staves is tons of fun.

Not a pack that makes the game massively harder, but that provides a game requiring you use something other than the most efficient method for everything. And provides a reason to run around exploring.