What do you use AE2/RS for?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools Storage Scanner does the same, as does Botania's Corporea System.
Should be noted that the Corporea System is much more involved to set up than the RFTools Storage Scanner. The latter is simply adding power, having it search for Inventories, then pruning the list to exclude those you don't want shown (automation, usually, as having a few manual machines at the lowest priority can help crafting in the field).

The Botania system, while also cool, uses Sparks on top of the Inventories you wish to include, which can sometimes upset aesthetics, and generally uses a buttload of Blaze Powder (which is annoying before you have a dedicated farm).

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Aesthetically handicapped anyway, and I don't like RFTools so Corporea is perfect for me. :D
I know Caporea Spark on a Drawer Controller was buggy last time I played with Botania as inventory management (1.10 pack, not sure how long ago now). Did that get sorted? Been away from the game for a while with some personal business.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I don't know, and frankly I'm becoming disenchanted with Storage Drawers. It's a great mod, but every time I try and work with it more than as a barrel, it turns into a nightmare.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For me, the appeal of AE(2) and RS is all about integrated autocrafting. In large modpacks with many complex mods with long crafting chains, repeatedly crafting the same complex thing becomes a chore. I don't think I can play a tech mod any more without something like these mods provide. I also tend to automate crafting of pretty much everything eventually, and I prefer compact solutions like AE2 or RS provide to more space-devouring solutions like LP.

For storage, there are alternatives. EnderIO, RFTools, Storage Drawers, Extra Utilities all provide feasible storage solutions. For autocrafting, LP is good for smaller setups but I don't see anything that can replace AE2 or RS if your systems get large enough.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
In continuing with my pattern of catching onto popular things after they become cliche, I intend to start messing with RS for the first time soon. It seems it can do some pretty convenient stuff.