What do you think is the hardest/tedious recipe in FTB or DW20 pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hardest Recipe in the Packs?

• Total voters

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
He's just sore that his thaumcraft wand needs a netherstar and won't keep it in his thread. Yeah you can't really compare a netherstar with most of the things on this list thought. Even quantum with gregtech is significantly more difficult...

I'd go with the fusion reactor as well - but as others mentioned I'm wondering why the ultimate hybrid solar panel is on here when the ultimate solar helmet uses that + other materials (albeit not huge amounts).

Kyoto

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering why the ultimate hybrid solar panel is on here when the ultimate solar helmet uses that + other materials (albeit not huge amounts).

to give variety, tbh technically you could fill this vote with just gregtech items and nothing else, but gregtech isn't the only mod out there

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
to give variety, tbh technically you could fill this vote with just gregtech items and nothing else, but gregtech isn't the only mod out there

Gravisuit and advanced solar aren't gregtech, they may be modified by gregtech though.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Gravisuit and advanced solar aren't gregtech, they may be modified by gregtech though.
I don't think so, I know there was talk of making GregTech superconductors work as Gravisuit superconducters, but I'm not certain if anything in that regard was actually done.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Most Tedious?

HV solar array- making 512 solar panels is as about as tedious as physically possible, unless an extreme voltage array is added.
or a T5 Ghast shard.

Hardest Recipe?
Probably the Gregtech IDSU or Fusion reactor (Crackpack), the Galgadorian Drill (Direpack), or some of the level 3 ICBM warheads (Zap-pack)

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so, I know there was talk of making GregTech superconductors work as Gravisuit superconducters, but I'm not certain if anything in that regard was actually done.

Well the think about GregTech is that he rarely change other IC2 add-on..although I have to say that GregTech superconductor is easier to build than GravSuit one, too bad I can't use it in GravSuit..

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Will someone please tell me what's so hard about the manager?
will you please stop spamming the same question over and over?
There isn't anything hard about the manager, the only person who can answer is the OP. If he doesn't, well, then he's ignored you. Get over it.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
The Fusion reactor is by far the most tedious thing on this list, and possibly the most expensive. Beyond the ludicrous amount of materials to build it, the sheer amount of energy required to get it working is crazy. But it is all so worth it. :D

Riley

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for the reactor as well. My friends and I have just finished one and it took five of us over a week and nearly all the resources we had to complete it. Now we all need two IDSU's to transfer the power :(

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Fusion reactor definitely, I will try to build one sometime, question is, is it worth it?

Now I think about it, second place (even though its not on the list) is the matter fabricator. I mean, getting 20 naturally-occuring idirium ore? Really? Takes forever even with quarries.

Again, not on the list, but third is anything with a nether star (I swear, wither skellies NEVER drop their damn skulls :().

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
I built auto crafting factories for the manager and the HV solar array. From those two the HV solar array would be by far the hardest to build manually. Haven't built the other ones in the list yet.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for The Holy Planks of Sengir (An actual thing now in Mindcrack) it is made of 8 nether stars surrounding a dragon egg

It is in NEI, go to Wooden Planks and view recipes, then go Shaped IC2 recipes and voila!

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir joked about GregTech being super hard and the recipes might as well use a dragon egg. We little moles from the IC2 forums informed Greg, and he did it as a joke.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Neither the Dragon Egg nor the Nether Star are particularly difficult to obtain... crafting the Holy Planks is easier than crafting a single Fusion Coil in my opinion.