What do you think is the hardest/tedious recipe in FTB or DW20 pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hardest Recipe in the Packs?

• Total voters

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Considering there is no Fusion reactor, Hybrids Solars or IESU in the DW20 pack, i'd have to say the Galgadorian Drill, over 100 diamonds to craft, it's retardiculous. Even trying to work out the raw materials needed to make it gave me a headache, I finished my Gravi suit long before I even looked at this, and then I cried...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
For stuff that's tricky to craft: I recently discovered (reading another thread, I forget which) that when viewing a recipe in NEI, if you shift+click the [?] button beside the recipe, it will populate the crafting table with as many copies of the recipe as possible? No more stack splitting necessary :D

Looks like the tough part of the G-drill is (if I calculate correctly) 29 ghast tears.

[edit] I just noticed that an odd number of pieces of galgadorian metal are needed, but they are made 2 at a time :confused:

Reactions: Exedra

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
For stuff that's tricky to craft: I recently discovered (reading another thread, I forget which) that when viewing a recipe in NEI, if you shift+click the [?] button beside the recipe, it will populate the crafting table with as many copies of the recipe as possible? No more stack splitting necessary :D

Looks like the tough part of the G-drill is (if I calculate correctly) 29 ghast tears.

[edit] I just noticed that an odd number of pieces of galgadorian metal are needed, but they are made 2 at a time :confused:

And then we have one piece left over. And we either throw it and our precious time into lava, or it tempts us to make another one to gte rid of that haunting memory. WHY STEVES CARTS WHY!

Reactions: EternalDensity

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Recipes I've just found annoying are the Steve Carts ones. First time used that mod. All those special metal and wooden panels that have to be built in various combo's to make the chests and other items is real tedius, lots of clicking and multi-stage processes for a simple component.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Thinking about it, the high end thaumcraft stuff is kinda long, given all the research that needs to be done first. (especially if you've done it 4 or 5 times already).

Likewise breeding some of the final stage bees (like endemic = tropical+ austere). Gah- even building an alviary is somewhat of a challenge.
Gregtech is easy Vs something viscous and the fickle whims of fate.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
I play direwolf so thank god no gregtech so in that case gravi suit is the worst thing i ever made
Yeah, but it's rewarding..... since you get to fly.

But I will agree, Gravisuit is a headache, because it involves a ton of things that don't stack, and about 12 stacks of Tin Ingots.... took me 5 hours to mine that in a Dense Ores Cave world. The other requirements aren't all that bad, only like 1/2 stack of Iridium.

Gregtech Fusion Reactor..... You just end up with a buttload of energy you have no use for, other than fabricating UU-Matter. And then you have to set up a whole huge system just to keep it stocked with fuel.

My vote is Ultimate Hybrid Solar Helmet. (You left that one out)

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I said gravi suite because we don't have the Fusion Reactor in DWP.... At least I don't think we do did I miss something LOL. :)

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
It occurs to me that even the Galgadorian Drill or mighty Fusion Reactor are child's play compared to the absurdity that would be a tier 5 GHAST spawner! :eek:

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
It occurs to me that even the Galgadorian Drill or mighty Fusion Reactor are child's play compared to the absurdity that would be a tier 5 GHAST spawner! :eek:
Ghasts are pretty easy to kill in a flat Mystcraft Hell Biome with a Mining Laser.

Really, you just spam laser shots in a circle around the ghast and it'll change direction into them and die, it only takes about 2 hits. But yeah, it would take quite a while, since you only get 40 shots with said Mining Laser @ Full Power. Would need to bring a few advanced Lappacks.

I'd still rather do that than build the Fusion Reactor (because it's more awesome to have a Tier 5 Ghast Spawner).

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Well with the T5 ghast spawner you could make the drill a hell of alot easier :D
You'd probably have all the tears you need before you finished the T5 spawner.

It's like a 50% drop (with gunpowder being the other), in my experience killing Ghasts in a flat Hell Biome.